CA Service Management

• 1.  Migration to v17 blocking issue

Posted May 04, 2017 11:27 AM

Hello,

I have just raised to CA support the same question, but I want to put it here because maybe someone is in our same situation. We are facing the following:

We have several customer that have a lot of (WEBI) reports developed for BOXI, and I am afraid they are not willing to migrate all of this stuff to Jasper so, what solution could we provide to them in oder to allow them to migrate to v17 version?

Until v14.1 we had the option to not to move to Jasper, but I am afraid this option will not be possible with v17.

Un saludo,
    Pablo

• 2.  Re: Migration to v17 blocking issue

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 04, 2017 11:38 AM

Pablo.........

Unfortunately, there is no utility/mechanism to migrate CABI reports to JasperSoft.  

We do provide OOTB reports with JasperSoft, however any custom reports would need to be manually created.

With 17.0, CABI 4.1 is officially supported and certified.  However, please be aware that as previously communicated, support for CABI 4.1 will cease on December 31st, 2018.

However, we strongly encourage customers to begin plans to migrate to JasperSoft as soon as possible.

• 3.  Re: Migration to v17 blocking issue

Posted May 05, 2017 07:49 AM

Paul,

thank you for the answer, but I have one question about it. What do you mean with "With 17.0, CABI 4.1 is officially supported and certified"? It will be possible to point the BOXI universe to CA SDM v17?

Un saludo,

Pablo

• 4.  Re: Migration to v17 blocking issue

Posted May 05, 2017 09:05 AM

Hi Pablo, 

YES, you can point CABI 4.1 to your SDM R17.0 system and it should work.  However, as Paul mentioned, its advised at this time to transition to Jasper (CABI 6.3.0) as we will no longer be certifying, or supporting BOXI within the next year, and thus we would not be able to assist you with it at that time.  

Thanks,

Jon I.