Test Data Manager

• 1.  Excluding tables to publish (batch mode)

Posted May 05, 2017 08:07 PM

Hi all. 

I've been using a datapool to publish data into several tables. Let's say that there are 20 different tables in my datapool. 

I'm using the batch mode to execute it from command line. But I have a new requirement, I need to be able to indicate specifically which tables I'd like to use for publishing and exclude the rest of them. 

Is it possible to modify some of the parameters (exclude tables, table count, etc) from the command line?

Your guidance would be very welcomed. 

Thanks and best regards. 

• 2.  Re: Excluding tables to publish (batch mode)

Posted May 24, 2017 10:54 AM

Hi Lino,

I'm sorry we missed this question, but it was not in the 'Test Data Manager' category when posted. 

Do you still have this question?

Best regards,

Taylor

• 3.  Re: Excluding tables to publish (batch mode)
    Best Answer

Posted May 25, 2017 10:44 AM

I don't know if can do it directly from command line.

When you generate the batch, datamaker also generates a XML file with all configurations needed for this batch publish (publish type, source, target, etc...).

This XML also has all tables and if its included or not during the publish. The image below has an example:

You can modify this XML file to include/exclude tables, before the execution of the batch publish.

• 4.  Re: Excluding tables to publish (batch mode)

Posted Jun 07, 2017 02:06 PM

Thanks Artur!

It's been very useful. 

Best regards. 

• 5.  Re: Excluding tables to publish (batch mode)

Posted Jun 01, 2017 09:36 AM

We have gone one step further with this similar principle.  By creating a 'golden' folder with the scripts and then copying them into a workspace, we utilize keywords inside these tags that can be replaced before run for this type of custom run process.

1) Copy scripts into working directory

2) Run replace script to change keywords to proper settings <status>keyword</status> becomes <status>2</status>

3) Run script

The same concept is utilized to change variable definitions on the csv.

• 6.  Re: Excluding tables to publish (batch mode)

Posted Jun 07, 2017 02:07 PM

Thanks for your response. 

It's been so useful. I applied this technique to my solution. 

Best regards.