CA Service Management

• 1.  Export button is not visible while searching a Knowledge Document via Search->Knowledge Document

Posted May 08, 2017 05:52 AM

Hi,
    While I am searching a Knowledge Document via Search->Knowledge Document Export button is not visible. But when I tried to search a Knowledge Document directly from top right corner, Export button is visible. Please share me the views to make the button visible from Search->Knowledge Document.

Thanks,
    Divya N.

• 2.  Re: Export button is not visible while searching a Knowledge Document via Search->Knowledge Document

Posted May 08, 2017 09:45 PM
    • What version of SDM and browser?
    • Is this an issue that occurs against the primary/background server, or only against the secondary/application servers?

You may have hit a known issue. See:

Fixed Issues - 14.1.02 - CA Service Management - 14.1 - CA Technologies Documentation 

Specifically this one:

EXPORT BUTTON REMAINS DIMMED OR DISABLED WITH NON-IE BROWSER 

So try loading the latest cumulative patch to a test server as a first step. Check the readme notes as this one requires a variable update ie:

1. Edit the NX.env file and set the
    NX_LOCAL_SERVLET_SERVER_URL environment
    variable to point to the servlet on the local server similar using the following format:

@NX_LOCAL_SERVLET_SERVER_URL=http://<secondary_server>:8080

But there may be a few Export Button issues out there. Also try a search against this CA Community.

Failing that, log a CA Support issue and we'll sort it out.

Thanks, Kyle_R.

• 3.  Re: Export button is not visible while searching a Knowledge Document via Search->Knowledge Document

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 09, 2017 03:04 AM

Hi Divya,

I was able to see the same behavior on my test box with r14.1 C3. I am not sure if it is working by design or an unexpected behavior. So I recommend opening a support case for this.

Thank you,

Kaori

• 4.  Re: Export button is not visible while searching a Knowledge Document via Search->Knowledge Document
    Best Answer

Posted May 09, 2017 04:54 AM

Hi Kaori,

I have raised a CA support ticket for this. This is working as per design only. But I am fetching the possibilities of adding Export button to the search list.

Thanks,

Divya N.

• 5.  Re: Export button is not visible while searching a Knowledge Document via Search->Knowledge Document

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 10, 2017 02:58 AM

Hi Divya,

Thank you for letting me know.

It should be a good idea to open an idea for this.

Kind regards,

Kaori