Clarity

• 1.  Updating Locked Parameterized Lookup

Posted May 08, 2017 09:31 AM

Hi Team,

I am writing a process, where it updates a locked field (multi-valued lookup) which is dependent upon an unlocked field (multi-valued lookup), the process get initiated whenever this unlocked multi-valued based on a trigger.

My Question is - If it is locked,the dependent lookup (multi-valued lookup) does not get updated. Also, the required dependent values of lookup are not being populated instead all the values are being displayed

Please let me know if this is the expected functionality.

Thanks in Advance. 

Regards,

Vidya

• 2.  Re: Updating Locked Parameterized Lookup

Posted May 09, 2017 05:21 AM

If the second lookup is locked permanently, then this can be made independent just to avoid any parameterized realted issues.

Besides, you need to clear multi-valued lookup attribute first before adding new values, because every xog will be going to add value including previous ones.

• 3.  Re: Updating Locked Parameterized Lookup

Posted May 23, 2017 08:52 AM

Thank you Krithika!

We have keeping all the three multi-valued lookups unlocked as all are interdependent on each other. It seems to be an expected functionality, where the lookups dependent on a parameterized lookup are locked, will not function as expected. Once for all update is completed, we can go for locking the paramerized multi-valued lookups and its dependent lookup.

• 4.  Re: Updating Locked Parameterized Lookup

Posted May 10, 2017 03:16 AM

I'm not sure I got the whole scenario here.. But I don't think updating a locked mvl is possible through XOG.. You might need to take an approach of unlocking it, and getting the right values before updating it..

• 5.  Re: Updating Locked Parameterized Lookup

Posted May 23, 2017 08:55 AM

Yes Jeevan, you are right! We are unlocking the all the three lookups which are interdependent on each other. Your suggestion was truly helpful, thank you but we did not go for that approach as it uses insert and delete through sql updates in gel script which in turn might cause DB locks.