Clarity

• 1.  Resource Capacity calculations

Posted May 09, 2017 05:56 AM

Hi ,

i need to get how the calculations of Allocation, Capacity-allocation and availability is done on Resource capacity portlet?

I was trying to use something like below for allocation but it gives me for present and future year. i also need it for past year :

SELECT SUM(Slice) Allocation_Hours, MONTH(slice_date) [month],Year(slice_date) [year], r.full_name--, p.name project
    FROM niku.prj_blb_slices s, niku.prteam t, niku.srm_resources r, niku.srm_projects p
    WHERE s.prj_object_id = t.prid and
    t.prprojectid = p.id and t.prresourceid = r.id and
    slice_request_id = 10
    group by r.full_name,MONTH(slice_date),Year(slice_date)
    order by r.full_name,MONTH(slice_date),Year(slice_date)

Thanks for your help in advance.

• 2.  Re: Resource Capacity calculations

Posted May 09, 2017 06:12 AM

Hi,

Can you please provide us a screenshot of your Time Slices(Administration -> Data Administration -> Time Slices), especially the one with ID 10.. Does it have enough range in the past?

• 3.  Re: Resource Capacity calculations
    Best Answer

Posted May 09, 2017 06:13 AM

You are looking at slice #10 (Daily Allocation) - since you seem to be looking for monthly data I would look at slice #6 instead (Monthly Allocation).

However the setup of those slices will dictate what dates you have information over - typically allocation data would not go "back" so far in time as you are looking for so you would need to extend the slice setup to show that (and extending the monthly slice will generate a lot less data than extending the daily slice).

(read up on Timeslicing for more info)

• 4.  Re: Resource Capacity calculations

Posted May 09, 2017 06:54 AM

This works to get last year data that is what i wanted.

but i am also looking at FTE calculation of availability and capacity on resource workload portlet.

Also for FTE allocation calculation.

Because when i am using allocation hours/availability hours, it does not match on workload portlet.

• 5.  Re: Resource Capacity calculations

Posted May 29, 2017 04:12 AM

The system makes FTE calculation with the  PRCALENDAR.HOURS_PER_DAY for the system base calendar. That is the one in prsite table.

That is straightforward if the hours per day are constant in that calendar. If not then you need to know how it varies.

Resources may be associated with different calendars with different hours per day, but the system always uses the hours in the base calendar.

That explains the difference in many cases.