IT Process Automation

• 1.  PAM Database reconfiguration

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 08, 2017 03:41 PM

Hi out there!

Is there a way to change a PAM 4.3 installation from using 1 Database for all tables to use 3 databases instead?

If it is something that isn't doable, what is then the recommended way to go?

Thanks.

/Kurt

• 2.  Re: PAM Database reconfiguration
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 09, 2017 12:02 PM

Kurt,

The best recommendation that I can give is going to be to do the following:

1. Export your Library from the Proc Auto UI. If you have a large amount of content, I would suggest exporting (using absolute path) in small sections. If the export is too large, it will not import and we don't want that.I beleive 250mg is the upper limit for an import.

2. Stop the Proc Auto orchestrator service

3. Take a complete backup of the current database

4. Assuming SQL Server - run a reinstall of CA Proc Auto starting with disk1. If this is an Oracle DB, you will need to create the schemas before the reinstall.

5. When you get to the database section, create the 3 new DBs, Pam_Lib, Pam_Runtime, Pam_Reports for instance

6. Complete the reinstall and start the orchestrator service

7. Import your exported library content

8. Stop the orchestrator service again

9. At this point in the new databases, you will see the tables. You should be able to export the data from the original tables, and import this to the new tables. It's going to be time consuming, but this is also assuming that you need to maintain the current runtime database. You should only need to do this for the tables in the runtime DB. As you have imported your content, you won't need to worry about the Library. If you use the Proc Auto BIRT reporting, you will need to do the same with the reporting tables.

10. Start the orchestrator service a final time and verify functionality. 

This assumes you require to maintain your runtime database. If this is only a test system, or a pre-production system, stop at step 7 to keep this clean moving it into production. 

If this is production, step 3 is the most important part of all of this as it is your safety net. 

~Jenn

• 3.  Re: PAM Database reconfiguration

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 11, 2017 04:25 AM

Thanks Jennifer,

I'll pass on the answer to the admin of the PAM. I can see Michael already marked it correct :-)

/Kurt

• 4.  Re: PAM Database reconfiguration

Posted Apr 03, 2018 05:58 AM

Hi,

We plan to move from MySQL to SQLServer. We agree with the idea of losing the runtime data.

Can we use same step (1 to 7) as you wrote ?

Our version is  4.3 SP02 with  CP01 (04.3.02 CP01). Do we have to reinstall both SP2 and patch or only one of them ?

Vanessa

• 5.  Re: PAM Database reconfiguration

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 03, 2018 09:28 AM

Vanessa,

Yes - you can use steps 1-7, although you won't need step 3.

Also, you will need to reinstall SP2 and any patch that was applied after that.

In your case reinstall SP2 - once that has completed, start the orchestrator and make sure that you can log in.

Stop the orchestrator and then install CP01.

You can then import your processes once you have installed CP01 and verified that Process Automation is functioning as expected.

When do you plan to change the database?

• 6.  Re: PAM Database reconfiguration

Posted Oct 23, 2018 09:03 AM

Hi Jennifer, 

I have the same "problem" as this topic.

<instance_name>: TMGT

<ActualSchemaPAM_name>: TMGTPAM

<DesiredSchemaLib_name>: TMGTPAM1

<DesiredSchemaRuntime_name>: TMGTPAM2

<DesiredSchemaReporting_name>: TMGTPAM3

I have one doubt: When we complete the third party installation and mount DVD2, we have to select "reinstall" or "Configure the Existing Installation"?

Best regards,

Juane

• 7.  Re: PAM Database reconfiguration

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 23, 2018 09:50 AM

Juane,

If you have the option to "configure existing" that means that you have not applied any patches on top of the release from the ISO. You can move forward using "configure existing". 

~Jennifer

• 8.  Re: PAM Database reconfiguration

Posted Oct 24, 2018 09:46 AM

Hi Jennifer, 

This reinstallation will impact PAM Agents, PAM configuration (like mail configuration)... ?

Thx!

Juane

• 9.  Re: PAM Database reconfiguration

Posted Apr 03, 2018 12:42 PM

Jennifer,

thanks for your answer.

We plan to do that this week (tomorrow or thursday) in an environment that we do not yet use as a production.