Clarity

Expand all | Collapse all

How to divert xog soap request to another App service?

• 1.  How to divert xog soap request to another App service?

Posted May 09, 2017 10:12 AM

Hello,

We have a windows server where all Clarity service are installed. We have two app services and one bg,one beacon and one nsa service. One app service is for SSO and other is for NON-SSO so right now all xog SOAP requests are going to first app service(SSO one) and SSO link is available for users.

So is there any way to divert all xog SOAP requests to second app Service(Non-SSO one)? The reason for diverting is that during Deployment, we down the SSO app service and after deployment completion, if want to do testing and sanity check then process includes xog fails. Like If we can divert all xog traffic on another App service then this issue will be resolved.

• 2.  Re: How to divert xog soap request to another App service?

Posted May 09, 2017 10:26 AM

Can you not just specify the required URL on your XOG calls?  

• 3.  Re: How to divert xog soap request to another App service?

Posted May 09, 2017 10:53 AM

We are getting the Xog URL via below function call. So don't know where to change the XOG URL? Is it in Properties.xml?

<core:set var="EntryURL" value="${config.getProperties().getWebServer().getWebServerInstance(0).getEntryUrl()}"/>
    <core:set var="XOGURL" value="${EntryURL}/niku/xog"/

• 4.  Re: How to divert xog soap request to another App service?

Posted May 09, 2017 11:03 AM

Just "hardcode" it rather than pulling from the properties file (I suspect the value for EntryURL you are getting from there is a load-balancer URL not the explicit URL of a single app service)

• 5.  Re: How to divert xog soap request to another App service?

Posted May 18, 2017 04:05 AM

Hello David,

We have only one App server so no load balance. Just need help on what needs to be change in properties.xml to route xog request on another app service.

• 6.  Re: How to divert xog soap request to another App service?

Posted May 18, 2017 04:24 AM

Not a change in the properties.xml at all - hardcode it in the GEL script.

• 7.  Re: How to divert xog soap request to another App service?

Posted May 18, 2017 05:22 AM

But currently i am capturing xog url from properties.xml?

<core:set var="EntryURL" value="${config.getProperties().getWebServer().getWebServerInstance(0).getEntryUrl()}"/>

or you  mean to say Xog Url info does not exist in properties.xml file?

• 8.  Re: How to divert xog soap request to another App service?

Posted May 18, 2017 06:04 AM

Sorry, but how many times does someone have to say "hardcode it"!!!!!

There is a value in the properties.xml file (which you are picking up) - but your original post was saying you wanted to send XOG requests to a different service.

So we are telling you to NOT pick up the value from properties.xml and just hardcode the service.

So don't do this;

do this;

<core:set var="XOGURL" value="https://someotherservice.whereever.com/niku/xog"/

(you could parameterise the URL as well if you felt you needed to)

• 9.  Re: How to divert xog soap request to another App service?

Posted May 18, 2017 09:46 AM

Hi David,

Sorry to bother you and I got your point to hard code the URL. But I think I can't hard code the xog URL because Currently there are so many gel scripts, where we are using below code to get Xog URL -

If i need to hard code everywhere, then it is difficult to find out all places and replace the code again need re-validate the process.

So My intention here is that if i can change the URL somewhere in Properties.xml and request goes to another app service then it will be good for our system as no changes required in existing xog script. I don't know the exact place where i need make changes in Properties.xml that's why posted here to get help on this. 

Hope you got my intention here!!

• 10.  Re: How to divert xog soap request to another App service?

Posted May 18, 2017 10:24 AM

Anything you pull from properties.xml is a system defined value ; the "Idea" that Rob pointed you to explains that nowhere in properties.xml is there a distinct system-setting for a "XOG only URL".

However, even if there was a value in properties.xml then this does not save you any development work as you would still have to edit all your thousands of existing GEL scripts in order to change the attribute that you are picking up from properties.xml. This is of course, exactly the same amount of work (perhaps even less work?) that you have to do to hardcode the value in the GEL script.

However, you have now realised that you would perhaps like to parameterize the XOG url (which I suggested above you might like to do) - then you could just update parameters (on the database) when moving to different instances. Even better would be a soution that pulled the URL from some common area under your control - perhaps a bespoke database table/column (but could be anywhere that you able to store a value) - this solution would of course involve you writing even more code to retrieve the URL (but that would be common code that you could paste into all your GEL scripts in place of the code pulling the value from properties.xml)

Of course this is all up to you how you do it (personally I'd have a common parameter to my GEL scripts I think if I had this requirement), but then again personally I would never have picked the URL from properties.xml in the first place as I'd would instinctively use the endpoint="internal" (which amounts to the same thing as reading it from properties.xml so still would not help with your original problem).

• 11.  Re: How to divert xog soap request to another App service?
    Best Answer

Posted May 18, 2017 10:45 AM

Also;

SELECT bpm_def_processes.process_code , bpm_def_steps.step_code , bpm_def_step_actions.action_code
    FROM cmn_custom_scripts
    JOIN bpm_def_step_actions ON bpm_def_step_actions.script_id = cmn_custom_scripts.id
    JOIN bpm_def_steps ON bpm_def_steps.id = bpm_def_step_actions.step_id
    JOIN bpm_def_stages ON bpm_def_stages.id = bpm_def_steps.stage_id
    JOIN bpm_def_process_versions ON bpm_def_process_versions.id = bpm_def_stages.process_version_id
    JOIN bpm_def_processes ON bpm_def_processes.id = bpm_def_process_versions.process_id
    WHERE script_text LIKE '%getWebServerInstance(0).getEntryUrl%'

• 12.  Re: How to divert xog soap request to another App service?

Posted May 09, 2017 12:30 PM

Hardcode as Dave says and vote up Need XOG Entry URL Field in Properties.xml when you have a chance in order to provide the capability to get XOG URL from configuration manager in the future.