IT Process Automation

• 1.  Device Down

Posted May 09, 2017 10:24 AM

Hi All,

What is the logic i need to use to implement the automation of device down scenarios? 

Here, Spectrum raise ticket to SDM and Process is attached from ticket category. What is logic and checks i need to place to make sure the process is automated so that the device up? Please help on this

Thanks,Amala

• 2.  Re: Device Down

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 09, 2017 05:03 PM

Hi Amala,

I'm not familiar with a device down scenario.  I assume you are talking about from a Spectrum perspective?  Can you give us some more information about what would be coming to Process Automation and what you need Process Automation to do in this scenario?

• 3.  Re: Device Down

Posted May 10, 2017 10:41 AM

My question is 'How to automate device down scenarios'?.  For example if the spectrum lost communication with the server or the server is down.

FYI..We are having a ticket created in the Service desk once the device down alarm is generated in spectrum.

Thanks,

Amala

• 4.  Re: Device Down

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 10, 2017 11:43 AM

So if a ticket is created in ServiceDesk when the device down scenario occurs, you can then have Service Desk call a Process Automation process.  Process Automation can then communicate with Service Desk and Spectrum as needed via connectors to those products.

• 5.  Re: Device Down

Posted May 10, 2017 11:47 AM

Thanks Andrew.

What are the checks and actions i have to define in PAM process? Can u guide me on that.

• 6.  Re: Device Down

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 10, 2017 11:56 AM

What exactly do you want to do in the PAM process?  Are you needing to update something in ServiceDesk?  Or in Spectrum?  Or some other software?  Perhaps you need to email someone?