CA Service Management

• 1.  ITAM Adding fields to the "asset created from model" search

Posted May 09, 2017 11:19 AM

Hello,

when I open the detail of a model, I can see a link "Asset created from model" in the relationship section.

when the search open I can see some fields; I try to modify the search inserting a filed in the results only; I save the search, when I login with another user I get an error:" you are not authorized to view this link", If I rollback the search I can see and open the link also with another user.I checked if this field is visible in the configuration related user and it is.

I don't know where is the error, has anyone some suggestion?

thanks a lot

• 2.  Re: ITAM Adding fields to the "asset created from model" search
    Best Answer

Posted May 10, 2017 06:55 PM

Hi Fulvio,

when you create a search, you have to set the search security to define what user roles are allowed to run the search. 

In the search screen, expand the 'search security' and add all the user roles using 'select new' that will have permission to run the search. 

HTH,

Gale Bacon

CA Technologies 

• 3.  Re: ITAM Adding fields to the "asset created from model" search

Posted May 11, 2017 05:55 AM

Hi Gale,

thank you for your response but the first thing i checked is exactly the security related to the search and it is ok.

thanks again

Fulvio

• 4.  Re: ITAM Adding fields to the "asset created from model" search

Posted May 11, 2017 12:26 PM

Hi Fulvio, 

You mentioned:  when I login with another user I get an error:" you are not authorized to view this link". 

Are you getting this error from clicking the link "Asset created from model" ?  

If so, then that is not related to the search it is related to a model configuration. 

Locate the user role for this user.  Then check the configurations assigned to this role and look for any local model configurations.  The problem is either in the global model configuration or in a local model configuration. 

There is likely a configuration setting for this user that prohibits access to this link. 

If you cannot find the problem, then please put in a case with support to assist further. 

HTH,

Gale Bacon

CA Technologies