DX Unified Infrastructure Management

• 1.  How modify Port HUB

Posted May 09, 2017 01:01 PM

Hey team,

I am currently modifying the port hub from 48002 to 65502, in the robot.cfg file. But it is not working. When I try to login, it indicates that the domain is not located. And when I go back to review the file robot.cfg, I detail that the port was changed again to 48002 automatically.

I am interested in doing this, since I require to install UIM and the robot deployment by different ports to the 48000 range.

Thanks, 

Richard

• 2.  Re: How modify Port HUB

Posted May 09, 2017 08:41 PM

Not sure you would be able to change the default Hub port to anything other than 48002 . One of reason being once the robots are installed they search for Hubs in the local network using a discovery protocol by broadcasting a request on port 48002  to find a Hub to connect by default

I could be wrong, but this is my understanding 

• 3.  Re: How modify Port HUB

Posted May 10, 2017 12:55 AM

And in robot.cfg hub port will be defined as 48002 .

• 4.  Re: How modify Port HUB

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 10, 2017 06:17 AM

Hello Richard, according to the documentation https://docops.ca.com/ca-unified-infrastructure-management/8-4/en/installing-ca-uim/pre-installation-planning/firewall-port-reference the hub port is configurable. Please refer to that documentation.

Kind regards,

Britta Hoffner

CA Support

• 5.  Re: How modify Port HUB

Posted May 10, 2017 09:36 AM

Hi team,

I have read all the documentation that indicates the CA portal, manage to modify the controller port and spooler in the hub. But the hub port when I change it, and reboot the robot, it returns to the default port that is 48002.

The idea is to first adjust these ports, then do the deployment of the robots. If someone has done it before and it has worked for you, thankful I will be of help.

Thanks,

Richard

• 6.  Re: How modify Port HUB
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 10, 2017 10:00 AM

make sure you are updating both the robot.cfg and hub.cfg with the new port information.

attach robot.cfg hub.cfg and loglevel 3 hub and controller logs so we might better help

or you can open a support case.