AnsweredAssumed Answered

Random Data Sets Error: .."inability to establish the client portion of a socket."

Question asked by paul.yeung on May 9, 2017
Latest reply on May 11, 2017 by paul.yeung

Hi All, 

Thanks for helping me out on the forums all the time. This time I have a web service using Devtest 9.1, it uses the Read Rows From a JDBC Table function under Data Sets to read from a MySQL database where I proceed to make a custom response. The service works fine for many individual transactions when deployed. 

However, when I tried to run a small load test, basically a couple hundred transactions per second. After maybe 5000 or so transactions the service stops and I see this error in the Inspection view:

Trapped Exception: The driver was unable to create a connection due to an inability to establish the client portion of a socket.  This is usually caused by a limit on the number of sockets imposed by the operating system. This limit is usually configurable. 

Does this feature use a connection pool? It doesn't give me a checkbox like the other SQL features (For example "SQL Database Execution"). Is this something that I have to adjust on the operating system? We are hosting the service and VSEs in a Windows Server 2012 environment. Is this something that is to be adjusted on the DevTest Side or maybe the MySQL side?

Thanks as always for the help!

Outcomes