Rally Software

• 1.  notification

Posted May 09, 2017 04:31 PM

Is there a way you can see what notifications people have configured?  I'd like to see from a system perspective how many notifications are going out when they happen and to whom.  I realize I can go into each user account individually to see if their email is turned on, but even if I did that, it doesn't tell me which notifications they are watching. 

How can I tell who has which notifications turned on?

thanks,

Donna

• 2.  Re: notification
    Best Answer

Posted May 10, 2017 03:07 PM

Unfortunately there's no way to get at this even through the WSAPI. I've had the same problem and keep meaning to enter something in Idea Manager but there's an idea at https://ideas.rallydev.com/ideas/D293  that addresses shared or group rule and might solve some of this. You might want to vote and add your comments to that idea. Hope that helps.

• 3.  Re: notification

Posted May 10, 2017 05:00 PM

Thank you Eric,  Now another add-on question.  We are an On-Prem facility.  We have notifications turned on in our production environment.  We have copied our production environment to test in anticipation of installing 2016.1.  We have turned notifications OFF in our test environment.

If we turn on notifcations (so they can be tested), will all past work done - such as task updates etc. - have notifications sent to those that have them turned on?  In other words, if a copy of the database was taken on 3/1/17, and installed into our test environment, and we created new tasks, and someone had a notification set for task updates, when we turn notifications on in test, will that person get the past emails?

We don't want that to happen, yet we want to test notifications.  If it works as we hope, we will turn notifications on in test, test some notifications during off hours, and turn notifications back off.  Does this make sense?

thank you,

Donna

• 4.  Re: notification

Posted May 10, 2017 05:15 PM

Hey Donna,

Rally won't do any retroactive notifications on changes that happened from then --> now. That said, if you do enable notifications and a user has notifications for task changes turned on, they'll receive any new updates/changes.  Hope that helps!