Service Virtualization

• 1.  I want to set up reply queue in Lisa 7.5.1 dynamically as per destination specified in Request Message 

Posted May 10, 2017 09:27 AM

Hello All,

I have urgent requirement, in which there is not any reply queue detail. They want us to configure dynamically so that Lisa can set reply queue as per destination mentioned in request message or header.

how we can achieve that? I know for creating MQ stub we need to give reply queue name as well but what we can do in this case?

Please assist urgently.

Thanks..

Shivam Garg

• 2.  Re: I want to set up reply queue in Lisa 7.5.1 dynamically as per destination specified in Request Message 

Posted May 11, 2017 03:40 PM

Not fully got your requirement. But you would need to understand how producer and subscriber configured . based on details we may need to create new Queue for SV work and subscribe live queue in SV queue response.  

Provide more details in case you still need any help. 

• 3.  Re: I want to set up reply queue in Lisa 7.5.1 dynamically as per destination specified in Request Message 

Posted May 11, 2017 04:43 PM

Hi,

I think I understand your ask.

Request comes in and says process this message and send response to QUEUE A

Another request comes in and says process this message and send response to QUEUE B

In short - yes it can be done. Anything can be done if you add the right amount of code.

A better solution is to parse the request and resend it to 7.5.1 VS that is locked to the appropriate response queue

Request -> generic VS -> parse message/header -> resend request to either QUEUE_A_VS or any other locked VS

That should require minimal coding - other than determine the next VS

Hope that helps

• 4.  Re: I want to set up reply queue in Lisa 7.5.1 dynamically as per destination specified in Request Message 
    Best Answer

Posted May 11, 2017 05:23 PM

If you are using a VSM that was generated from a recording or RR pairs then it should already handle responding to the request's replyTo queue automatically.

If this is a VSM that you've built by hand then it's still pretty easy in 7.5.1. 

1. Add a filter to the step that receives the request: 'Messaging/ESB' -> 'Extract Payload and Properties from Message'.  Make sure you enter something for 'Prefix for extracted details', and remember this prefix for later. 

2. Go to your respond step, and replace the queue name in 'Publisher Info' -> 'Name' with a property substitution: '{{<prefix>.reply-to-queue}}'.  If there's a replyTo queue manager then you can do a similar thing with 'Publisher Info' -> 'Alt QManager' and '{{<prefix>.reply-to-queue-manager}}'. 

3. In the respond step, make sure to leave 'Server Connection Info' -> 'Share Sessions' unchecked.