Can some1 please let me know how to enable federated search, and for what exactly it is used for? Is it for KM docs?
The document "How to Configure Federated Search" would be helpful. You can search Knowledge documents as well as tickets if you confgure SDM so. Please note that you need to set up Share Point server if you would like to search SDM Knowledge Documents and the tickets by Federated Search function.
HI Kaori, Thanks for the input.. I had seen the URL earlier, but had few doubts like:
1. Do I need a different tomcat instance ?
2. Is any parameter set in NX.env file once the fedsearch is enabled during pdm_configure?
3. How this feature helps.
4. Will it take additional CPU/Memory resources?
1. When Federated Search is deployed it will deploy a new tomcat instance, which will be required to run on a separate port.
2. The following items should be added to NX.env:
3. Federated Search's main purpose is to search outside sources and compile the data for Service Desk to view. THere are details here:
Integrating Multiple Search Engines Using Federated Search - CA Service Management - 14.1 - CA Technologies Documentatio…
4. It could take additional resources. If you will be using Federated Search to crawl through resources that have a lot of content you may want to consider having Federated Search on a secondary and not the primary server.
Retrieving data ...