Clarity

• 1.  How to create a dashboard

Posted May 11, 2017 07:28 AM

Hi everyone,

just wondering if you know of any product documentation on how to build dashboards based on existing info in CA PPM. I tried following the link within this post but it was not working. Create Your Own Personal Dashboard in CA PPM
    What I am trying to do is to build something similar to this with existing data.
    Introduction to Dundas BI | Get Started | Videos ...

I tried going to Advanced Reporting and create a dashboard but found the process a bit cumbersome....maybe it's just cause I don't know how it works.

Any help is much appreciated!

Dana Melnic

• 2.  Re: How to create a dashboard

Posted May 11, 2017 08:12 AM

Some documentation on Creating Dashboards here: Personalize a Dashboard - CA PPM - 15.2 - CA Technologies Documentation 

There's a video here to help create Dashboards in Jaspersoft: JasperReports Server Dashboards Video | Jaspersoft Community 

• 3.  Re: How to create a dashboard

Posted May 11, 2017 09:19 AM

I do have the TIBCO Jaspersoft Studio Professional v 6.21 installed but that looks nothing like the web version one you had sent me a video of. In fact in the video it looks very similar to the way it does when you go through advanced reporting in CA PPM. Am I missing something? thanks.

• 4.  Re: How to create a dashboard

Posted May 11, 2017 09:24 AM

Hi,

The video shows Jaspersoft version 5.6.1 I think. You will most probably have a higher version (probably 6.2.1 ?). The UI is different between these versions. But the functionality remains the same to a large extent. So, that video is still relevant. And yes, it pertains to Dashboard creation under "Advanced Reporting" in CA PPM.

• 5.  Re: How to create a dashboard

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 11, 2017 02:48 PM

If you are trying to create a Jaspersoft Dashboard via Advance reporting you need to have Advance Reporting Administrator rights and then under Dashboard you can click on Create Dashboard and go from there. Let me know if this is what exactly you are looking. 

• 6.  Re: How to create a dashboard

Posted May 11, 2017 08:39 AM

Thanks so much, how do I access that TIBCO Jaspersoft tool? as I couldn't find it in the CA PPM, only a lighter version through Advanced Reporting. Thanks.

• 7.  Re: How to create a dashboard

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 11, 2017 08:42 AM

You need to go to support.ca.com and download the Jaspersoft Studio 

• 8.  Re: How to create a dashboard

Posted May 11, 2017 09:05 AM