DX Unified Infrastructure Management

• 1.  Auto Ticket assignation

Posted May 11, 2017 10:56 AM

Hi,

I have my UIM 8.4 integrated with SNOW. I have an issue where if an alert raised for SQL service is down, Ticket is getting assigned  to Windows Team Instead of SQL team. Is there any logic that we can implement to assign tickets to correct groups based on alarm title or any other parameters. Please help me to achieve this.

• 2.  Re: Auto Ticket assignation

Posted May 11, 2017 07:39 PM

You can create a Pre-processing rule and set a filter for SQL service alert and update the field you use for assignment group using a  script 

In the script set the new assignment group to the custom field which you have used to map the assignment group in sngtw probe (Service Desk Field Mapping)

as an example , you can create a script as of below 

event.custom_2 = "SQL Team" -- assignment_group
    return even

This updates the custom field for that specific alert  to the new assignment group which can be mapped to a field in sngtw probe

This should solve the purpose .btw, the procedure might vary depending on the way you are creating tickets in SNOW

• 3.  Re: Auto Ticket assignation

Posted May 12, 2017 05:25 AM

Hi,

Thanks a lot for help. Could you please help me with steps to be followed

as am new to scripting. Pls help.

On 12-May-2017 5:10 AM, "Phani.Devulapalli" <

• 4.  Re: Auto Ticket assignation

Posted May 14, 2017 08:29 PM

Sure, as I mentioned this may not be a common procedure for everyone but its one of the ways to set it up

First, map the assignment_group field in SNOW to a custom field like User_Tag_2 and this will be the field being used to assign the tickets to an appropriate group

Next, get to the NAS--> AO-->Scripts and create a new script as of below (this is just an example, additional parameters might be needed based on your configuration)

Next , get to NAS-->AO-->pre-processing rule and create a new rule of type custom and set the filter criteria to match your SQL requirement and select the custom script you created . This will update the custom field used for assignment when ever the criteria is met 

Next , get to NAS-->AO-->Profiles and create a new AO Profile with action type set as assign and assign it to the snow user you would have created earlier and set the matching criteria  

This should suffice, again this is a long story in short ...additional options might be needed based on requirement ...experiment with the above 

Hope this helps 

• 5.  Re: Auto Ticket assignation

Posted May 14, 2017 08:58 PM

Hi,

Thanks a lot for this information. I will check and update.

On 15-May-2017 6:00 AM, "Phani.Devulapalli" <

• 6.  Re: Auto Ticket assignation

Posted May 15, 2017 08:02 AM

Hi,

I need a help. Am monitoring Linux services through processes probe, whenever service goes down, I am getting alert, but when services are up, alerts are not getting cleared automatically. Pls help to fix this.

• 7.  Re: Auto Ticket assignation

Posted May 15, 2017 07:08 PM

Which version of process probe are you using ? There seems to be some known issue...check the below 

processes (Process Monitoring) Release Notes - CA Unified Infrastructure Management Probes - CA Technologies Documentati… 

What's New:

• The probe supports monitoring within an IPv6 environment.

Fixed Defect:

• The probe did not clear pending alarms in the following situations. Support case number 431592
      • Any profile deleted or deactivated
      • Any profile modified and saved without hard restart of the probe
      • Probe upgraded with pending alarms of deactivated profiles. If you have already upgraded the probe, edit the profile and save the configuration.