Release Automation

• 1.  Run Action with other credential on AIX

Posted May 12, 2017 03:33 AM

Hi All,

I have problem with AIX that we need to run action like start the applciation server with other user in this case.

I install agent as user that have priviledge like root but this user should not start the Appllication server because it will cannot open access for some integration of the applciation. Then I need to switch user to start application server by other user.

And As I known the default one to switch user by action's credential will use the SSH and we have information to make sudo by this Nolio Official KB: Run as User 'Nolio Sudo' Version  and in the documents.

BTW, customer said can we do only by SU to switch user on AIX cause they said AIX does not provided to sudo.

Can anyone help me to modify action runner to run with SU?

Thank you and regards,

Nithi P.

• 2.  Re: Run Action with other credential on AIX

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 01, 2017 08:34 AM

Hi

The default agent configuration will use the SU script to start the actionsrunner.sh

/opt/ReleaseAutomationServer/NolioAgent/SuActionsRunner.sh

This will start a second instance of the agent to execute the actions , if you run a command shell action

it will use SSH to run this action .

Regards Dirk

• 3.  Re: Run Action with other credential on AIX
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 01, 2017 09:08 AM

Hello,

Please have a look at the product documentation for further details: Deploy Agents - CA Release Automation - 6.4 - CA Technologies Documentation 

Snippet: 

Run Processes Under Different Users – Unix/Linux

You may opt to have an agent run under a defined user, but have processes execute on that agent under a different user as defined within a specific action (user impersonation).  There are two methods for setting up impersonation:

• Use the agent's default impersonation method via SSH.
    • Configure the agent to use either "sudo" or "su" commands.

Cheers,

Gregg