Service Virtualization

Expand all | Collapse all

Timeout on Server Object while Deploying VS

• 1.  Timeout on Server Object while Deploying VS

Posted May 15, 2017 12:14 AM

Hi There

While trying to deploy a virtual service I am getting a  time out error message "rmi.RemoteException: Timeout(45000 ms, actual wait 45,003 ms) on server object .....".

I am using DevTest 9.5.1 version and the service which I am trying to deploy is a SOAP/http service. The only difference from other SOAP based services which I can deploy normally is that the service image (VSI) size is 245 MB. The service was generated after running automated script which recorded unique records.

So coming to my questions :

1) Is there a setting in local properties file in workstation or any property file on the Server which can be set to increase the timeout. 

2) Is compressing VSI an option or possibly supported by the tool ?

3) Any alternative solutions are most helpful.

Thank you.

• 2.  Re: Timeout on Server Object while Deploying VS

Posted May 15, 2017 10:30 AM

Hello Ajay, 

If the timeout is only when deploying this particular service and all the other services are working fine, then you will need to focus on the way the VS is generated. Would you be able to upload your vse.log?

Thank You 
    Neelima Kadimi

• 3.  Re: Timeout on Server Object while Deploying VS

Posted May 17, 2017 12:03 AM

Hi Neelima - PFA The VSE log when I try to deploy the service, also I have attached the error message noticed at workstation level when I go for deployment.

As I had mentioned earlier the major difference compared to other VSI file is that the size, it holds 420 MB of unique transaction.

Attachment(s)

zip
    vse.log.zip   2 KB 1 version

• 4.  Re: Timeout on Server Object while Deploying VS

Posted May 17, 2017 07:50 PM

Is your deployment to a Linux server by chance?  If so, check to ensure that you are not running out of space in the LISA_HOME\vseDeploy directory.  I have seen cases where large services have failed to deploy because of space issues on the server.  Usually not an issue on Windows servers, but other OSs may have some space thresholds set.

• 5.  Re: Timeout on Server Object while Deploying VS

Posted May 17, 2017 11:57 PM

Its Windows NT, with 200 GB disk space and 16 GB RAM.

Below are the configuration changes done so far on the workstation as well on the server as part of my trouble shooting but has not helped.

Workstation changes :

1. Workstation.vmoptions added the line -Xmx10240m
    2. VSEManager.vmoptions added the following lines
    •   -Xmx10240m
    • -Dlisa.net.vse.longer.timeout.ms=360000

Server changes:

1. BrokerService.vmoptions added the line -Xmx8192m
    2. CoordinatorService.vmoption added the line -Xmx8192m
    3. RegistryService.vmoptions added the line -Xmx8192m
    4. VirtualServiceEnvironmentService.vmoption added the line -Xmx8192m
    5. VSEManager.vmoptions added the following lines
      •  -Xmx10240m
      • -Dlisa.net.vse.longer.timeout.ms=360000

• 6.  Re: Timeout on Server Object while Deploying VS

Posted May 18, 2017 11:10 AM

When you deploy the service are you deploying by Right Clicking the VSM and selecting Deploy or are you creating a MAR and deploying the MAR?

I am curious if the approach below throws the same exception: 

- Using Workstation, create a MARI for your service and then create a MAR of your service

- Log on to Portal

- Upload the MAR file into VSE

Also, the vmoptions -Xmx settings seem high given the maximum amount of memory on your server (16GB). 

Might be best for you to open a ticket with the support team so someone can Webex with you to see the error.  As I mentioned, I have seen very large VSM/VSIs loaded into VSE. The deployment takes a while because of the unpacking of the service -- but the customer's issue was that they ran out of space on the mount point for vseDeploy and lads.

Is it possible that there is some security policy on your server preventing the use of D:\Program Files\CA\DevTest\lisatmp_9.5.1\lads?

• 7.  Re: Timeout on Server Object while Deploying VS
    Best Answer

Posted May 19, 2017 01:06 AM
      |   view attached

Well no luck with MAR deployment via portal as well getting the following error "Error while deploying the Virtual Service. ( {error={type=RemoteException, message=Timeout (45,000 ms, actual wait 45,016 ms) on server object tcp://servername:2013/VSE on method addService}})

lads folder is coming under DevTest Root which is in our D driver which shows a space of 197 GB, so space might not be the problem . Also attaching the screen shot for  security setting for lads folder

Yep raised a case for this issue as well.

• 8.  Re: Timeout on Server Object while Deploying VS

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 22, 2017 11:41 AM

Hi Ajay, 

Could you try setting the property lisa.net.timeout.ms=120000 in Workstation local.properties and restart Workstation and test the issue.

Thanks,

Prema

• 9.  Re: Timeout on Server Object while Deploying VS

Posted May 23, 2017 01:01 AM

Still no luck, even after applying the changes suggested & restarting workstation. getting the same timeout error message on deployment.

• 10.  Re: Timeout on Server Object while Deploying VS

Posted May 23, 2017 05:05 AM

I also faced this issue. I removed heavy log files from server and restarted VSE service. Might be this can help you?

• 11.  Re: Timeout on Server Object while Deploying VS

Posted May 24, 2017 01:21 AM

Thanks for the suggestion this also did not help, some how I feel this is not a issue related to space as I see a free space of > 170 GB on the drive the server is running.

• 12.  RE: Re: Timeout on Server Object while Deploying VS

Posted Apr 28, 2020 02:11 PM
    Hi Ajay,
    Could you ever figure out a solution to this issue?

Thanks,
    Rahul Dutta