DX NetOps

• 1.  CA PC Context Pages

Posted May 12, 2017 02:27 PM

I have several devices on my network that are explicitly supported by CA PM which are F5 Load Balancers/Proxies, Palo-Alto Firewalls and Checkpoint Firewalls.  I would like to see the context pages for these devices come up when I display the device from Spectrum or locally.  I see, for Palo, almost all of the mib's are collected under System Session Information, including Active Sessions, Accepted Sessions and Discarded Sessions.  I have the devices in a collection in PM, but when I attempt to pull up the data in a device context page I am creating, there is no data.  Seems I have missed something.  It would be nice if PC had a few context pages for some of the hardware supported out of the box, and not just Router/Switch/Server/Interface pages.  I am simply looking for a page that will show me session count information on my firewalls when brought up individually.

• 2.  Re: CA PC Context Pages

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 12, 2017 04:32 PM

Hi John,

Was the device involved discovered in a Data Aggregator connected to CAPC?

Or was this device synchronized over to PC from Spectrum without Data Aggregator discovery also taking place?

Thanks,

Mike

• 3.  Re: CA PC Context Pages

Posted May 15, 2017 09:07 AM

It was initially discovered in Spectrum which in turn added it to PC and ultimately PM via synchronisation.  So it has been successfully discovered in both. I can see the device being managed in PM, but I when I open it from Spectrum or even from within PM I don't see any context pages.

• 4.  Re: CA PC Context Pages

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 16, 2017 04:16 PM

Hi John,

Thanks for the update.

If you go into the CAPC web UI. Under Administration there is a Data Sources section. Select the Data Aggregator entry.

In the Data Aggregator Views, if you search in the Inventory areas, do you see this device showing up and is it Green/Normal for status in its Details tab?

Thanks,

Mike

• 5.  Re: CA PC Context Pages

Posted May 17, 2017 11:26 AM

Interestingly, I have no green dots, they are all grey.  My F5 devices are showing up under my F5 collection here, but they are also grey.  On the Status Details tab, the device is up with a green dot and the sysOID is correct as is the Vendor. Some of them show an F5 Pool Information context page, and some don't.

• 6.  Re: CA PC Context Pages
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 17, 2017 11:35 AM

This part of your update stands out to me: "Some of them show an F5 Pool Information context page, and some don't."

If multiple discovered instances of the same device are showing varied behavior in the product, it does sound like something is not working properly.

At this point I would recommend opening up a new support case with screen shots of the behavior described so we can help figure out an answer for this.

• 7.  Re: CA PC Context Pages

Posted Feb 20, 2019 09:32 PM

Was this solved?