Rally Software

Expand all | Collapse all

Is there any way to generate a story burn-down chart based on a custom field (user story) criteria?

• 1.  Is there any way to generate a story burn-down chart based on a custom field (user story) criteria?

Posted May 15, 2017 09:12 AM

Is there any way to generate a story burn-down chart based on a custom field (user story) criteria? This should be similar to the Tagged Story Burndown chart (instead of fetching stories based on tag, i need to fetch stories based on a custom field). Appreciate your help. Thanks!

• 2.  Re: Is there any way to generate a story burn-down chart based on a custom field (user story) criteria?
    Best Answer

Posted May 18, 2017 09:32 AM

Unfortunately there's no way that I'm aware of to do this except by tags as you've already observed. I also looked through the repositories that I usually watch on Github and there's nothing relevant out there so your options are to develop something of your own or to engage with the Agile Central Tech Services team at CA to do a custom app for you. For what it's worth we've had excellent experiences working with that team- they're fast and the quality of work is excellent. 

Wish I had a simpler answer for you but I hope that helps.

• 3.  Re: Is there any way to generate a story burn-down chart based on a custom field (user story) criteria?

Posted May 18, 2017 10:30 AM

Thanks Eric!