DX Unified Infrastructure Management

• 1.  Setting Thresholds in probes (Logmon)

Posted May 15, 2017 01:57 PM

Hi,

I am trying to configure threshold in my probes (Logmon) to get a alarm only when I get more than X occurrences in X time. Is it something possible to do directly in the probe ?

If so, is any of you can provide me with an example of config ? 

thank you very much!

• 2.  Re: Setting Thresholds in probes (Logmon)

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 15, 2017 06:41 PM

• 3.  Re: Setting Thresholds in probes (Logmon)
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 15, 2017 11:52 PM

Caution.

It seems to me that logmon probe only provides you Dynamic TOT configuration panel in Admin Console GUI.

Dynamic TOT is using baselined value for threshold checking, so you need to have to eye how baselined value of the metric going to be.

Ideally Static TOT would have been preferred, however we don't have GUI panel for this today.

Here is an Idea posted in the different thread for similar question.

A solution could be:

- an AO profile that will launch a script if the message string is found xx times (=counter). 

The LUA script will than do the timer check by executing a sql query like:

al,rc = database.query("select datediff(s,'19700101 05:00:00:000',nimts) as nimts,datediff(s,'19700101 05:00:00:000',time) as time, visible, level, message from NAS_TRANSACTION_LOG where nimid = '"..nim.."' and time >= DATEADD(mi, -"..checkminutes..", GETDATE()) order by time")

We can than check if #al >= our counter and generate a new alarm + close the original alarm.