This document can also be viewed at https://www.ca.com/us/services-support/ca-support/ca-support-online/knowledge-base-articles.TEC1999697.html
This document will outline the steps to add masking functions that are missing in Transformation Map's drop down list for a specific database. We will use the masking function FORMATENCRYPT with z/OS as an example on how to do this.
Below is some documentation for using Transformation Maps with different Test Data Manager components.
- Work with Transformation Maps: https://docops.ca.com/ca-test-data-manager/4-1/en/provisioning-test-data/discover-personally-identifiable-information/work-with-transformation-maps
- Design Transformation Maps for iSeries V7R1 (DB2/400): https://docops.ca.com/ca-test-data-manager/4-1/en/provisioning-test-data/discover-personally-identifiable-information/work-with-transformation-maps/design-transformation-maps-for-iseries-v7r1-db2-400
- Filter Options for Transformation Maps: https://docops.ca.com/ca-test-data-manager/4-1/en/reference/filter-options-for-transformation-maps
- Custom Filter Functions for Transformation Maps: https://docops.ca.com/ca-test-data-manager/4-1/en/reference/filter-options-for-transformation-maps/custom-filter-functions-for-transformation-maps
- Create File Transformation Maps: https://docops.ca.com/ca-test-data-manager/4-1/en/provisioning-test-data/using-for-mainframe/create-file-transformation-maps
- Create Transformation Maps: https://docops.ca.com/ca-test-data-manager/4-1/en/provisioning-test-data/using-for-mainframe/create-transformation-maps
- Move Transformation Maps to z/OS: https://docops.ca.com/ca-test-data-manager/4-1/en/provisioning-test-data/using-for-mainframe/move-transformation-map-to-z-os
Fast Data Masker:
- Use Transformation Map Files: https://docops.ca.com/ca-test-data-manager/4-1/en/provisioning-test-data/mask-production-data/use-transformation-map-files
There is much more information on Transformation Maps and how to create and use them in our online documentation here: http://docops.ca.com/tdm
It is possible to add masking functions that are missing in Transformation Map's drop down list for a specific database by doing the following:
1. From within Datamaker, click on the 'Tools' option in the toolbar.
2. Choose the 'Maintain Data Functions' option from the drop down list.
3. In the top, right-hand corner, click the green plus (+) mark icon to add a new function.
4. Your new row will appear at the bottom of the list. Enter in the Database, Datatype, Function, and Description.
- For example: Database = z/OS, Datatype = Character, Function = FORMATENCRYPT, Description = Consistently change the current value preserving format and keeping unique values
5. You may need to create a second row for the same masking option if the Datatype is different. In this example, we are adding a second row for Dataype 'Character' to show this.
- For example: Database = z/OS, Datatype = Numeric, Function = FORMATENCRYPT, Description = Consistently change the current value preserving format and keeping unique values
6. In the top, right-hand corner, click the 'Save' icon.
You have now successfully added new masking functions to your Transformation Map options.
If you experience any issues, please open a support case by going to https://support.ca.com/irj/portal/newhome or calling CA Customer Care at one of these numbers http://www.ca.com/us/services-support/ca-support/contact-support.html.