Rally Software

• 1.  Edit privileges on pages I created as "Project Admin"

Posted May 15, 2017 07:03 PM

I'm Agile Coach/RTE and have "Project Admin" for the GSLO Agile Release Train (see screen shot below). I've created several dashboards and pages to share with all children projects, which I occasionally want to edit. Alas, the system tells me I can't edit the pages I created.

For example, I created the page "Product Backlog Cumulative Flow" as shown below. I click on the 1. pencil icon (edit), 2. then open the gear - "Edit" option not shown, only "Set as Start Page

3. I open the page itself, then from the Actions drop-down, I select "Edit Page", I get the output shown in No. 4

Therefore, I'd like my "Edit" privileges restored for these pages I created:

Drop Down Menu: Home (icon)

Drop Down Menu: Plan

Drop Down Menu: Track

Drop Down Menu: Quality

• Iteration Issues, Regression Defects

Please give me edit privileges for all of these pages, as I created them and need to modify them.

• 2.  Re: Edit privileges on pages I created as "Project Admin"

Posted May 18, 2017 09:41 AM

Jaime;

This is a community Q&A and discussion forum so it's not the right place to make requests specific to your subscription. You'd want to talk to your local subscription or workspace admin for permission help, and if you don't know who that is then you can open a ticket with CA Support.

The most likely cause that I can think of for the problem that you're having is that someone changed the permissions for one of the child projects with which the page is shared and removed you as a project admin, but that's just a guess based on my experiences with my own subscription. Hope that helps.

-Eric

• 3.  Re: Edit privileges on pages I created as "Project Admin"

Posted May 22, 2017 05:00 PM

Hi Eric,

Thanks for your reply. We do have 2 people that are acting as Rally Project Admins under the top project "GSLO Agile Release Train". I have been doing most Rally admin work, but occasionally, the other person will create a team, which turns out I don't have permission for -- I'm guessing this is where things are breaking.

My hypothesis:  it appears that the permissions between the two "Project Administrators" get out of sync when one person adds a project that the other person does not have access to -- thus, the permissions on any shared pages goes away?

So, assuming the hypothesis is correct, what is the solution to the problem?

I still don't have permissions to the pages I created, and our admins keep telling me: "you're supposed to have permissions to the pages you create" -- which isn't very helpful to me.

Given you've run into this before -- how did you proceed?

Gratefully,

James