DX Application Performance Management

Expand all | Collapse all
  • 1.  AXA HW

Posted May 16, 2017 06:35 AM

Dears,

anyone can share the AXA HW sizing calculator for a distributed environment please?

Regards.

• 2.  Re: AXA HW
    Best Answer

Posted May 19, 2017 07:04 PM

• 3.  Re: AXA HW

Posted May 21, 2017 01:22 AM

Hi Francis,

This is for single node instalation, while i am looking for the sizing calculator for a distributed environment while the link in the page you shared is broken as i know.

Regards

• 4.  Re: AXA HW

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 21, 2017 08:45 PM

Hi Bassem,

The current AXA 16.4.1 only supports single node deployment for on premise.

AXA 16.4.2 will have a distributed install option and is tentatively planned for release end May/early June.

Hope that helps

Regards,

Lynn

P.S. Do you still have a problem opening the main AXA 16.4 wiki page?

CA App Experience Analytics - CA App Experience Analytics - 16.4 - CA Technologies Documentation 

• 5.  Re: AXA HW

Posted May 22, 2017 01:30 AM

Hi Lynn,

Thanks a lot for the information, however as per the document they are clearly mentioning that single node installation can be used for POC or testing only, and for distributed env please contact the support.

The link to the wiki is working fine, but if you click on the sizing calculator link, this is broken.

Regards,

Bassem

• 6.  Re: AXA HW

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 22, 2017 02:13 AM

Hi Bassem,

Thanks - I see what you mean about the Sizing Calculator link just looping back to same "Sizing Guidelines for the Deployment" page. We will aim to get that corrected.

However where did you see that information about single node being for POC/testing only?

Per this Known issue statement "Only Single Node Deployment is Supported"

CA App Experience Analytics Release Notes - CA App Experience Analytics - 16.4 - CA Technologies Documentation 

Engineering have previously advised me that upcoming 16.4.2 will have a supported distributed install option.

Thanks,

Lynn

• 7.  Re: AXA HW

Posted May 22, 2017 02:20 AM

Hi Lynn,

in the Sizing Guidelines for deployment on the following link:

https://docops.ca.com/ca-app-experience-analytics/16-4/en/installing-and-upgrading/install-on-a-single-system/sizing-guidelines-for-the-deployment

they clearly state the following:

Example environment configurations and sizing help you understand how to size the various components in the On-Premise deployments. You can deploy CA App Experience Analytics either as standalone or in a clustered environment.

and in the Plan for Deployment under the Install on a Single System section:

https://docops.ca.com/ca-app-experience-analytics/16-4/en/installing-and-upgrading/install-on-a-single-system/plan-the-deployment

they state the following:

CA App Experience Analytics supports a single-system deployment. A single-system deployment model is typically used for proof-of-concept or initial testing purposes.

Note: Applications that generate high transaction volumes of metrics might not scale well above 3 messages per second with a single-system deployment. For higher throughput requirements, contact CA Technologies Support for the recommended architecture and other information

So this is clear that for higher specs, the support has to provide help in sizing.

Regards,

Bassem

• 8.  Re: AXA HW

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 22, 2017 09:23 AM

Hi Bassem

I just want to review where we are

:  The original question was to obtain a link to the AXA sizing calculator. Francis answered that

The current thread are follow-up questions on sizing particulars. Normally, I would branch this into a new thread. But I thought it was better to keep as one long thread. 

AXA is a work in progress. You are asking about multi-node functionally that is not publicly released yet. So this may be best to explore at a future date or discuss with teh account team

Thanks

Hal German

• 9.  Re: AXA HW

Posted May 22, 2017 09:32 AM

Hi Hal,

Thank you for the updates. you are right, this initial thread was about sizing calculator which has the link broken. and usually sizing calculator will be needed in case of distributed environments.

so what I understand from you now that this release is only supported for single node installation, which means for only testing or POC as per the official docs? I think DOC should be updated/corrected in this case.

Regards,

Bassem

• 10.  Re: AXA HW

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 22, 2017 09:49 AM

Dear Bassem:

Thanks for the update. Lynn is pursuing the link issue. You may log into any docops page and add comments on suggested improvements yourself

When the information is released in 16.4.2 please let us know if it is satisfactory, or additional changes are needed

Thanks 

Hal German

• 11.  Re: AXA HW

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 22, 2017 11:00 AM

Hi Hallett,

The multi-node functionality will be available in the 17.2 release which is scheduled for release by end of June.

To clear the confusion, the documentation is now updated to clearly state that the sizing calculator is for single node deployments only. The sizing calculator for the multi-node deployments will most likely be available in the 17.2 documentation.

Thank you.

Rosy

• 12.  Re: AXA HW

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 22, 2017 11:31 AM

Thanks rossu02  Then the only outstanding issue is access to the calculator release for the present release as mentioned above. Please review and correct if needed.

• 13.  Re: AXA HW

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 22, 2017 11:34 AM

Hi Hallett,

The link has been fixed and it should be available in some time.

Thank you.

Rosy

• 14.  Re: AXA HW

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 22, 2017 07:25 PM

Thanks Rosy rossu02 - Confirmed.

Bassem,

FYI

Francis' original link is now invalid and this is the new link:

Sizing Guidelines for the Single Node Deployment - CA App Experience Analytics - 16.4 - CA Technologies Documentation 

Regards,

Lynn

• 15.  Re: AXA HW

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 22, 2017 10:23 PM

Hi Bassem,

In addition, regarding multi-node support, I rechecked with Engineering and per Rosy's advice it has been deferred from 16.4.2 to 17.2 because backend changes are being made for that release - currently tentatively planned for early-mid July release.

In the meantime I will also request for the Plan the Deployment - CA App Experience Analytics - 16.4 - CA Technologies Documentation page to be corrected to avoid misunderstanding about current support for only single node deployment.

Regards,

Lynn

• 16.  Re: AXA HW

Posted May 23, 2017 01:55 AM

Hi Lynn,

Many thanks for the updates

Regards,

Bassem

• 17.  Re: AXA HW

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 23, 2017 10:15 PM

Please note that the multi-node support has been deferred to on premise release 17.3 which is tentatively planned for GA some time late November.

• 18.  Re: AXA HW

Posted Oct 24, 2017 03:04 AM

Hi Lynn,

thanks a lot for the information, but i can see this is supported in the online documents?

Regards,

Bassem

• 19.  Re: AXA HW

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 24, 2017 05:33 PM

Hi Bassem,

The current 17.2 documentation for installation is "ahead" of the available features and 17.2 is a SaaS only release.

CA App Experience Analytics - Installation - CA App Experience Analytics - 17.2 - CA Technologies Documentation 

The on-premise release 17.3 will provide the single-node and multi-node installer features.

Until then Release 16.4 Service Pack 1 is the latest available on premise release.

Apologies for the confusion.

Regards,

Lynn

• 20.  Re: AXA HW

Posted Dec 17, 2017 09:00 AM

Hi Lynn,

any idea on when the AXA 17.3 is to be released please? As you know that on premise (multinode) was supposed to be released in previous versions as per previous discussions.

Regards,

Bassem

• 21.  Re: AXA HW

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 17, 2017 12:42 PM

Hi Bassem,

AXA 17.3 will be GA this week.

Regards,

Rosy

• 22.  Re: AXA HW

Posted Dec 18, 2017 12:21 AM

Hi Rosy,