Service Virtualization

• 1.  How to stop Test Runner log results being from logged into custom log file?

Posted May 15, 2017 11:58 PM

Hi,

I am running a test case with dynamic java execution step where in I had configured a log file using log4j.properties file,when I am running the test case using Test Runner the log is also containing the Test Runner Console log.The trunner.log is being written into my custom log.How to stop this?

Thanks,

Regards,

Vishweshwara

• 2.  Re: How to stop Test Runner log results being from logged into custom log file?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 16, 2017 09:49 AM

Try this, update file TestRunner.vmoptions with this entry:

-Dlisa.tmpdir=<fully qualified path of where you want the trunner.log to go>

Let me know if this works.

• 3.  Re: How to stop Test Runner log results being from logged into custom log file?

Posted May 16, 2017 10:55 AM

Hi Nunns,

I did set the TestRunner.vmoptions to the default trunner.log file path.The initialization part was being written into trunner.log,but once the log file for the test case is being set the  it is being logged into the testcase log file.Below are the snaps of the log files that were run.

Thanks,

Regards,

Vishweshwara

• 4.  Re: How to stop Test Runner log results being from logged into custom log file?

Posted May 17, 2017 12:09 PM

Hi Marcy,

Did you get a chance to look at the logs?The path I provided in TestRunner.vmoptions is "-Dlisa.tmpdir=C:\Users\Viswa\lisatmp_9.0.0".The problem is it is writing the logs into  my test step log  after test step log4j.properties is setting the log file name for my test step.

Thanks,

Regards,

Vishweshwara

• 5.  Re: How to stop Test Runner log results being from logged into custom log file?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 16, 2017 10:07 AM

Please share snippet from the log file showing the logs you don't want in your custom log.

If possible, do attach the log file to this thread.

• 6.  Re: How to stop Test Runner log results being from logged into custom log file?

Posted May 16, 2017 10:56 AM

Hi Prem,

Please find the attached log snaps below.

Thanks,

Regards,

VishweshwaraTrunner snapMarketLogSnap

• 7.  Re: How to stop Test Runner log results being from logged into custom log file?

Posted Jun 08, 2017 10:18 AM

Prem,

Did you get a chance to look at Vish's last response?