Test Data Manager

• 1.  Server console issue

Posted May 16, 2017 10:51 AM

I am from LISA team and need your help in fixing the server console issue .

We are unable to access the NFT registry and server console of apptuv0118. Hence we asked Dav to go for a server restart.

Dav restarted registry and vse , after then we are facing error for all the services which is already running on the server .

Redeploying a new service also goes to ended state and throws us the below error . Could you please advise

Registry : tcp://apptuv0118.machine.test.group:2010/Registry

Console url :   http://apptuv0118.machine.test.group:1505/index.html?lisaPortal=serverconsole&locale=en_GB

Error :

============================================================================

| Unable to listen for requests on address/port 12008.  It is either currently in use by another process or is not allowed by the operating system.

============================================================================

| Step:        Virtual HTTPS Listener 12008

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

| Message:     Address already in use

| Trapped Exception: Address already in use

| Trapped Message:   java.net.BindException: Address already in use

All services are in ended state in the LISA server .

• 2.  Re: Server console issue

Posted May 16, 2017 11:26 AM

My best guess , this had happened due to multiple account tried to stop/restart or changes settings on Devtest server(s). Since those users accounts has access for read/write so its difficult to figure out the issue.  you can ask or try below.

1. Stop all services on servers

2. Clear all temp files. 

3. Restart all services again using same user account.

All should be done using one account.

Hope this might help to resolve issue.

Thanks,

Rajesh k Singh 

• 3.  Re: Server console issue

Posted May 16, 2017 11:50 AM

To find out which program owns a port, one can try

netstat -ban   on Windows

or

netstat -pan   on Linux

The Windows version will require elevated privileges.

• 4.  Re: Server console issue

Posted May 17, 2017 03:00 AM

Hello Rajesh,

can you please tell us how to clear temp files and in which location this will reside over server?

thanks...

• 5.  Re: Server console issue

Posted May 17, 2017 03:44 AM

LISA/DevTest maintains a set of working files and logs in a directory called lisatmp_<version_number> where the <version_number> corresponds to the release

This directory normally resides in one of two places:-

• In the home directory of the user starting LISA/DevTest
    • In the installation directory (LISA_HOME). This location would be used, for instance, when starting the components as a service in Windows

To clear them, simply rename this folder (if you want to keep the contents for later analysis) or delete it if you do not care about the contents. 

One point to note about lisatmp - you will have problems if this directory resides on a networked file system since it is updated in real time - it must be on a local filesystem.

• 6.  Re: Server console issue

Posted May 17, 2017 04:53 AM

Dav,

I checked this is on server not on local system. I have raised case id 00748705  for the same. Hope Ray will have word with you around this.

Thanks..

Shivam Garg

• 7.  Re: Server console issue
    Best Answer

Posted May 17, 2017 08:01 AM

This issue was due to having two VSE servers running simultaneously - the port conflicts were due to services present on the other server

• 8.  Re: Server console issue

Posted May 17, 2017 08:11 AM

Thanks David.

Can you give any idea how two VSE instances can run? Is restarting of VSE cause it or what?

thanks..

• 9.  Re: Server console issue

Posted May 17, 2017 08:14 AM

I am afraid that I would not be able to say how two were started - that is, unfortunately not something that we can tell after the fact.

• 10.  Re: Server console issue

Posted May 16, 2017 04:10 PM

Also check to see that you don't have any detest processes still running during the shutdown.  

To check,  use the following command...

ps -fe | grep java