Datacom

• 1.  RC=13 (14) Datacom Rel. 15.1

Posted May 16, 2017 01:17 PM

Just upgraded our Datacom Production region from R14 to R15.1 and are getting dumps due to  RC=13 (14).  Prior to this upgrade this was not happening.  Found the following Knowledge Base article on this but nothing else.  Any ideas?

Knowledge Base Article

Bookmark |  Email | Print   

Problem Document
    Title:  DB RETURN CODE 13(14) RETURNED TO APPLICATION IN ERROR

PROBLEM DESCRIPTION: DB Return code 13(14) being returned to application in error.  SYMPTOMS: Application receives a DB return code 13(14) when it should be getting a return code 10(39).  IMPACT: Error checking by the user application might be impacted.  CIRCUMVENTION: None.  PRODUCT(S) AFFECTED: CA Datacom/DB                          Release 11.0

• 2.  Re: RC=13 (14) Datacom Rel. 15.1

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 16, 2017 02:01 PM

Gerard,

What you found was a Problem documented for DB 11.0.  (I guess we have good archives!).

Seems unlikely that your definition of the table or your applications have changed in the context of upgrading to 15.1.  Maybe you were previously suppressing the 13(14) dumps with the RCERROR function and now are not.  If that's the case and your apps get them routinely, consider suppressing them again.

If that isn't helpful, please open a case with CA Support.

Dale Russell

Director, Software Engineering

• 3.  Re: RC=13 (14) Datacom Rel. 15.1

Posted May 16, 2017 02:47 PM

Hi Dale,

Thanks for the response, however no definitions of tables nor applications have changed in the context of upgrading to 15.1.  If we were previously suppressing the 13(14) dumps with the RCERROR function, why would that change that we are now NOT suppressing the 13(14) dumps with the RCERROR function?  Would anything in the R15.1 upgrade cause us not to suppress the 13(14) dumps with the RCERROR?

FYI... I did open an issue with CA since I did not find any answers in the Knowledge Base articles nor CADRE communities...

Thanks,

Gerard

• 4.  Re: RC=13 (14) Datacom Rel. 15.1
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 16, 2017 06:32 PM

I'm also not aware of anything in the upgrade that would change the RCERROR setting.  I was just thinking of all the possibilities I could.  I think opening a case with Support (as you have done) will get you down the road to the answer.