CA Service Management

• 1.  Auto-suggest/type-ahead using different field

Posted May 17, 2017 09:06 AM

We have a customer who would like to be able to use auto-suggest/type-ahead on the staff number (which they have in the 'alias' field) when searching for requesters/affected users for incidents and changes.

Someone suggested that this could be done by defining a different factory with 'alias' as the common name, but I've tried it without success.

As far as I can tell I'm following this approach properly. Has anyone tried anything like this before?

• 2.  Re: Auto-suggest/type-ahead using different field

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 17, 2017 09:48 AM

Mike, I think this should work...did you use something like

autofill=yes factory=xxxxx

?

Thanks

Chi

• 3.  Re: Auto-suggest/type-ahead using different field

Posted May 17, 2017 10:02 AM

Yes. I had the following in cnt_alias.maj:

OBJECT cnt {

ATTRIBUTES ca_contact {

alias_last_name

DERIVED( alias " " last_name);

alias_combo_name

DERIVED( alias " " last_name isnull( ", " first_name " " middle_name) );

};

FACTORY cnt_alias {

DOMSET cst_list "alias,combo_name,phone_number,contact_num,organization,location" "" DYNAMIC;

STANDARD_LISTS {

SORT_BY "alias,combo_name,phone_number,contact_num,organization=organization.name,location=location.name";

WHERE "delete_flag = 0";

MLIST OFF ;

RLIST OFF ;

};

REL_ATTR id ;

COMMON_NAME alias;

FUNCTION_GROUP "contact" ;

};

};

I also had this in detail_in.htmpl:

<PDM_MACRO name=dtlLookup hdr="Requester Service No" attr="requested_by" factory="cnt_alias" evt="onChange=\\\"backfill_cnt_event()\\\"">

It should probably be backfill_cnt_event2() with 14.1.

• 4.  Re: Auto-suggest/type-ahead using different field

Posted May 17, 2017 10:02 AM

Just realised I didn't have autofill=yes, will try it.

• 5.  Re: Auto-suggest/type-ahead using different field

Posted May 17, 2017 10:10 AM

What actually happens with this version of detail_in.htmpl is this:

I type in the first few characters of a valid staff number (aka service number) and nothing happens. I then click on the search link and it has my first few characters plus a percentage sign in the 'last name' and 'first name' boxes, and 'middle_name like '***%'' in additional search arguments.

• 6.  Re: Auto-suggest/type-ahead using different field

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 17, 2017 12:02 PM

Mike, I tried to do it and saw that it is more than modify this locally. With backfill_cnt_event() or backfill_cnt_event2(), certainly it can't work as those functions are hard coded to use the out of box schema. I tried not to use this backfill function, I saw it try to have first_name, last_name and middle name all filled with what_ever_typed_in%, but not the

alias field, though I have modified list_cnt.htmpl/list_cnt_alias.htmpl file to have "alias" field there. As such, auto suggestion didn't work. I can't figure out yet why it worked like this. Maybe someone else in the community tried use

a non out of box cnt factory before and shed some light here? Thanks _Chi

• 7.  Re: Auto-suggest/type-ahead using different field

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 17, 2017 04:47 PM

Mike, with

COMMON_NAME alias;

I was able to make the auto suggestion work by using the alias value to auto fill the requested_by.

However, there is a price to pay...I would need to modify the cnt schema from

requested_by SREL cnt { UI_INFO "AUDITLOG" ; } ;

to

requested_by SREL cnt_alias { UI_INFO "AUDITLOG" ; } ;

in the original cm.maj file under sdm-install-dir\bopcfg\majic

and the affected end user will not be filled automatically. My statement is simple:

<PDM_MACRO name=dtlLookup hdr="Requester" attr="requested_by" autofill=yes>

If this is fine with you, you may give this a try to see if it works for you too.

Thanks

Chi

• 8.  Re: Auto-suggest/type-ahead using different field

Posted May 18, 2017 04:28 AM

Thanks for that. I will try it in a development environment and see how it works.