AutoSys Workload Automation

• 1.  Autosys WCC Tool - Environment - Profile not able to use on Windows 2008R2 severs

Posted May 17, 2017 05:56 PM

We are about to migrate Autosys jobs to new 2008 Agent servers where we deployed our Executable- Those we call from Autosys job command.  

on 2003 Windows server 

We used Environment Profile in Autosys job and this profile has path = c:\program files\code\Autosys execuables. 

wrapper is a text file we put at CA\Workload AE\System Agent\Servrename\profiles\

in wrapper text file - Path : c:\program files\code\Autosys execuables. 

abc. exe is located at above path

JOB-=

insert_job: abc-xyz-xxxxx

profile:wrapper

command: "abc.exe  Id=1;name=yyy;Time=14:00"

when Job runs it will take path from wrapper variable to execute the exe .

But same thing is not happening when we migrated agent to new windows 2008R2 server. 

Autosys is reading the path  Path : c:\program files\code\Autosys execuables.  from A\Workload AE\System Agent\Servrename\profiles\wapper but not able to take that..

Can someone please suggest me how to solve this?

• 2.  Re: Autosys WCC Tool - Environment - Profile not able to use on Windows 2008R2 severs

Posted May 18, 2017 09:56 PM

Hi Rahul,

Please clarify:

"Autosys is reading the path  Path : c:\program files\code\Autosys execuables.  from A\Workload AE\System Agent\Servrename\profiles\wapper but not able to take that."

Where do you see the path "A\Workload AE\System Agent\Servrename\profiles\wapper" ?

Have you tried to code the absolute path for the wrapper file in the profile: attribute of job definition, like so:

profile:"C:\Program Files (x86)\CA\Workload Automation AE\SystemAgent\<ServerName>\Profiles\wrapper"

command: "abc.exe  Id=1;name=yyy;Time=14:00"

You may also try updating he PATH in the "C:\Program Files (x86)\CA\Workload Automation AE\SystemAgent\<ServerName>\Profiles\<INS>.txt"

Where, <INS> being your AutoSys instance name. You may need to restart the Agent after the change.

Thanks,

Chandru

• 3.  Re: Autosys WCC Tool - Environment - Profile not able to use on Windows 2008R2 severs

Posted May 23, 2017 01:08 PM

Yes, I did same thing but not working ..Not taking Profile:<INS>.txt path when we execute that command..

erros comes profile not found ..

The steps i did ...

created text file  at path C:\Program Files\CA\Workload Automation AE\SystemAgent\Profiles\wrapper.txt

added path: where my exe is located..

restarted the agent

run the job putting command like command: "abc.exe  Id=1;name=yyy;Time=14:00"

• 4.  Re: Autosys WCC Tool - Environment - Profile not able to use on Windows 2008R2 severs

Posted May 22, 2017 08:11 AM

Hi Rahul

Would you please compare your  both agentparm.txt files (Win2003 and Win2008) , look for these below options and adjust them if necessary

oscomponent.environment.variable

oscomponent.environment.variable_manager_*

If you have to change them, restart the System Agent

Let me know the result

Thanks and regards

Jean Paul

• 5.  Re: Autosys WCC Tool - Environment - Profile not able to use on Windows 2008R2 severs

Posted May 23, 2017 12:51 PM

oscomponent.environment.variable path on 2003 is like c:\program\CA\Worload Automation AE\Systemagent\servername\profiles\abc.txt

on 2008  c:\program\CA\Worload Automation AE\Systemagent\profiles\abc.txt

as on 2003 set up is under servername but not for 2008? I think this may not be a problem.

another diffeence i notice is 

2003: oscomponent.environment.variable_manager_*= 

2008  no variable manager line..

• 6.  Re: Autosys WCC Tool - Environment - Profile not able to use on Windows 2008R2 severs

Posted May 23, 2017 08:09 AM

in windows you can put the profile anyplace you like. 

profile: drive\:anyfolder\filename

• 7.  Re: Autosys WCC Tool - Environment - Profile not able to use on Windows 2008R2 severs

Posted May 23, 2017 03:10 PM

Hurray !!! Profile now working but other issue is coming..

we have total 20000 AutoSys jobs running.

All Jobs running successfully with profile setting on 2003 .

but on 2008 server. most of the Jobs failing with error  "The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect."

After analysis I found that on 2008 server

command: "abc.exe  Id=1;name=yyy;Time=14:00"                    not working quote on full line  "...." , its working on 2003 server without any error.

profile:wapper

command: abc.exe  "Id=1;name=yyy;Time=14:00"  working on 2008

So or me its not possible to update every job for quote issue...

So full quote not acceptable on 2008 server?

Is there any solution?

• 8.  Re: Autosys WCC Tool - Environment - Profile not able to use on Windows 2008R2 severs
    Best Answer

Posted May 24, 2017 08:27 PM

Try setting this in the System Agent’s agentparm.txt on the Windows 2008 host.  

oscomponent.cmdprefix.force.quotes.full=false

Restart the Agent service before testing jobs.

More information on the aforementioned parameter is available here:

https://docops.ca.com/ca-workload-automation-system-agent/11-3/en/reference/ca-wa-system-agent-for-unix-linux-windows-or-i5-os-agent-parameters

Cheers,

Chandru