Service Virtualization

Expand all | Collapse all

live request vs matching request

• 1.  live request vs matching request

Posted May 17, 2017 01:24 PM

Is it possible to log all the incoming request parameter on Inspector live request tab on console and do the match with just few arguments of my interest?

• 2.  Re: live request vs matching request

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 17, 2017 02:32 PM

Use the Request Data Manager protocol. When you are in your virtual service generation, add that data protocol. It will show you all your request arguments. If you "keep" the request arguments you care about, it will silently ignore the others. In this way, it will do the match with just the few arguments of your interest.

• 3.  Re: live request vs matching request

Posted May 18, 2017 04:37 AM

Thanks Rick. But when I test the virtual service after generation this will not show all the incoming arguments on inspector live request tab on console, this will only show the argument I have selected to keep.

• 4.  Re: live request vs matching request

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 18, 2017 04:49 AM

Very true, because those are the important ones. If you want to see all of them, and then discard everything except what's important, you want to add a scriptable request-side DPH, before the Request Data Manager DPH, which does a args=lisa_vse_request.getArguments(); and writes log entries for them all.

• 5.  Re: live request vs matching request

Posted May 18, 2017 07:34 AM

Thanks Rick, When I finished building my vsm I have 3 filters SOAP DP, scriptable request-side DPH with args=lisa_vse_request.getArguments(); and RDM to just keep the argument I need. I still can't see full request logging in inspector live request tab on console. 

• 6.  Re: live request vs matching request

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 18, 2017 08:37 AM

In the past, when I've captured the arguments in a scriptable DPH and logged them, I've seen entries in the inspector view, so yes - I think that is what you want to do.

Try it, and if it doesn't give you the information you want, we can look at increasing your scripting log level.

• 7.  Re: live request vs matching request

Posted May 18, 2017 09:28 AM

Sure Rick, I have tried it doesn't work on version (7.5.2) I am using may be. Please do let me know when you have the solution.

• 8.  Re: live request vs matching request

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 18, 2017 09:32 AM

What line did you use in your scriptable DPH to log the arguments?

• 9.  Re: live request vs matching request

Posted May 18, 2017 09:49 AM

Below is screen shot of S-DPH, console and image file.

• 10.  Re: live request vs matching request
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 18, 2017 10:04 AM

what is the line in your scriptable DPH, after the line in your screenshot

args=lisa_vse_request.getArguments();

The line after that is where you should be logging your arguments so Inspection View will see them. Perhaps a _logger.debug(), or because you're on such an old version, perhaps you're restricted to testExec.log()

• 11.  Re: live request vs matching request

Posted May 24, 2017 11:29 AM

Sandeep,

Can you answer Rick's questions in their latest reply?