IT Process Automation

• 1.  Failed Process

Posted May 17, 2017 01:48 PM

Hi,

I want to have a ticket created in ServiceDesk when the script execution on the target machine failed. How to design this using ITPAM?

For eg : I am trying to remove server from a trend micro console. So i am performing this step using Powershell script.

In this case if the process failed then a ticket to be created assigned to the respective team to do a manual followup. 

How to achieve this?

Thanks,

Amala

• 2.  Re: Failed Process

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 17, 2017 02:16 PM

Your process will need to have 2 different paths; probably controlled by a calculate operator or at least with custom exit ports, that if the script was successful, the process continues down the 'success' path and whatever actions are necessary; if the script fails, the process takes a different path through opening a service desk request and any actions required.

• 3.  Re: Failed Process

Posted May 18, 2017 07:52 AM

Thanks for the reply.

What is calculate operator & custom exit ports? Can you please help in detail.

I will be able to save the script execution output. So you mean to say with the saved the output i need to have the calculate or custom exit ports to define process path.

• 4.  Re: Failed Process

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 18, 2017 08:38 AM

Pardon me, we changed the name at one point, I am referring to the Evaluate Expression operator which can be used to control a process flow by waiting for an expression to be set.

Custom Exit ports are ports other than the 'Success' and 'fail' outputs from an Operator and allow you to take different paths based on different conditions.

• 5.  Re: Failed Process

Posted May 18, 2017 01:33 PM

Thanks Mike for your reply.

I got the idea raising a ticket when any execution of script failed. Also i have a situation where i want to start a process when the same ticket (mentioned above) got resolved.

I am aware i can call an SRF to start a process. But is there any other way to achieve this without SRF?

Please suggest.