Service Virtualization

Expand all | Collapse all

Selenium Integration : Can i able to record the step via IE / Chrome ? My Website have security issues with Mozilla.

• 1.  Selenium Integration : Can i able to record the step via IE / Chrome ? My Website have security issues with Mozilla.

Posted May 18, 2017 12:13 AM

I want to record the steps in IE / Chrome Browser. As, My Website have security issues and it will not open in Mozilla. Do i have a tool to record in IE ? For Chrome Browser i downloaded "selenium page object Generator". It generates the script only in (C#, Java, Robotic Framework). I need JSON Script to import it in DevTest Tool. Is there any other way to record the Website and provide JSON Scripts... As per Documentation, it wont support. If anyone come across the same situation, Kindly let me know how to do that. 

From Dev Test Docs :

Run a Selenium Integration Test Case - DevTest Solutions - 9.5 - CA Technologies Documentation 

{Recording these test scripts requires Selenium Builder, which is only supported in Firefox. After you import the test to DevTest, you can run the test in Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Apple Safari, or Internet Explorer.}

Thanks much.

• 2.  Re: Selenium Integration : Can i able to record the step via IE / Chrome ? My Website have security issues with Mozilla.
    Best Answer

Posted May 18, 2017 03:04 AM

DevTest can only import Selenium recorded test flow in JSON format which is currently only supported through Selenium Builder (Firefox extension).  However the imported Selenium test can be played back in most of the browsers.

Currently this is a limitation with Selenium as it doesn't provide a plugin that supports recording capabilities in other browser.