DX Unified Infrastructure Management

• 1.  How to change the value "CA UIM Alarm Field for Incident Id" ?

Posted May 18, 2017 04:16 PM

Good afternoon,

I'm testing the probe sdgtw, and verify that it populates the "custom_4" field with some information besides the ticket number, as shown below.

I would like to show only the numer of the ticket, as it was in the probe cadgtw.

Anyone know if it's possible to change?

• 2.  Re: How to change the value "CA UIM Alarm Field for Incident Id" ?
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 06, 2017 04:18 PM

Felipe -

With the current GA release of the sdgtw probe (v1.30), this is accomplished by updating the only_incident_number_in_alarm_field key to add only the incident ID to the desired custom field in the alarm from the probe's Raw Configure page in the setup section.

For more information, see the Configure General Properties section in sdgtw AC Configuration. For example, if you enter this key value as custom_3, then, only the incident ID will be displayed in the Custom 3 field in USM.

Default: Blank

Note: You must enter a different key value from the one that you have specified in the CA UIM Alarm Field for Incident ID and CA UIM Alarm Field for Launch in Context fields under the sdgtw node > Probe Configuration section of the probe's Configuration page launched from the Admin Console.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Kathy Maguire

• 3.  Re: How to change the value "CA UIM Alarm Field for Incident Id" ?

Posted Jun 07, 2017 09:15 AM

Hi Kathy,

Thanks for the help, I made the configuration and it worked, now it shows only the number of the ticket.

only ticket number

Thank you.