Test Data Manager

• 1.  Publishing works through Data Maker and not through TDM portal..!!

Posted May 19, 2017 04:04 AM

Hello,

Has anyone tried this out before when you are trying to publish the data through TDM in data maker and your repository is SQL and the target DB is DB2. The publish works fine but when I try and do this from TDM Portal instead it gives me an error of some invalid ID types to be more specific, this happens with time stamps.

Little more explanation -

The behavior here depends on the value in the ‘timestamp’ column:

- if using ^STIMESTAMP^ from the tool, publish will fail with “Value for … is invalid for datatype”

- if using timestamp formatted as YYYY-MM-DD-HH.MM.SS.000000”, publish will fail with “…com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerException: Cannot insert an explicit value into a timestamp column...”

Basically what I feel is that this is part of the duplicate detection mechanism inside the Portal, just done in such a way that DB2 data gets inserted into the repository which is sql which is resulting in this issue.

Let me know your thoughts or if anyone is facing this same issue. May be I am also doing something wrong here but any suggestion or comments are welcome.

Thanks,

Ashima

• 2.  Re: Publishing works through Data Maker and not through TDM portal..!!
    Best Answer

Posted May 19, 2017 08:38 AM

Hi Anisha, 

I suggest you open a support case for any product issues. You can do this by going to https://support.ca.com/irj/portal/anonymous/newhome or by calling customer care at http://www.ca.com/us/services-support/ca-support/contact-support.html.

Are you on TDM Portal 4.1? If not, we suggest that you upgrade.

Can you please enable debugging for the Portal and provide the resulting log files? Directions on how to do this are here: https://www.ca.com/us/services-support/ca-support/ca-support-online/knowledge-base-articles.TEC1254734.html 

If you do not wish to troubleshoot this further in a public forum, opening a support case would be ideal.

Best regards,

Taylor

• 3.  Re: Publishing works through Data Maker and not through TDM portal..!!

Posted May 19, 2017 08:43 AM

I agree....infact I have opened a support case as well with CA on this but thought this community is quite active and in case if someone is facing a similar issue and they have done something to fix it or may be if I am doing something incorrectly then I could have done it the right way. :-)

Thanks,

Ashima

• 4.  Re: Publishing works through Data Maker and not through TDM portal..!!

Posted May 19, 2017 08:47 AM

Hi Ashima, 

I understand. Most of our questions are answered by CA Support Engineers in the TDM community, so that is why you will see more responses from us than other customers currently. 

We will post the resolution to here once your support case has been closed. 

Best regards,

Taylor

• 5.  Re: Publishing works through Data Maker and not through TDM portal..!!

Posted May 24, 2017 09:36 AM

Hi Taylor,

Need one small help from your end if you can please.

Just wanted to know if it is possible to configure a cluster for TDM Portal with session replication. According to Tomcat8, it is necessary that all session attributes implements java.io.Serialization

This is mentioned in the following link:

https://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-8.0-doc/cluster-howto.html#Cluster_Basics

Regards,

Ashima

• 6.  Re: Publishing works through Data Maker and not through TDM portal..!!

Posted May 24, 2017 10:45 AM

Hi Ashima, 

I do not have an answer for you at the moment, but I would suggest reaching out to your CA Account Manager for any implementation type questions. They will be able to find you a more experienced resource from Services or Presales that can answer your question. 

Best regards,

Taylor

• 7.  Re: Publishing works through Data Maker and not through TDM portal..!!

Posted Jul 12, 2017 08:52 AM

Based on Ashima's support case's resolution, development suggests upgrading to TDM 4.2 GA as the issue is not reproducible in this version of the TDM Portal.