Clarity

• 1.  CA PPM Microsoft Project Interface Compatabilites

Posted May 19, 2017 02:51 PM

Hi,

We are currently using Ca PPM 14.3 version (SaaS / On-Demand Model).

We are planning to use MS Project Interface in our organization and we are in the process of feasibility study. I'm  trying to collect the related information such as Pre-Requisites, Version compatibility, SSO supported or not etc..) but unfortunately i did not able to find any such kind of information.

I tried to find related information in our release notes and i did not find any. Could someone guide me to correct documentation about MSP Interface with Ca PPM?

Most importantly - I would like to know Does MS Project Interface supports SSO (we are SSO integrated).

Thanks in advance.

Jagadeesh

• 2.  Re: CA PPM Microsoft Project Interface Compatabilites

Posted May 20, 2017 03:07 PM

Hi Jagadeesh,

Please refer to the following documentation for information about CA PPM and MSP interface:

MSP and OWB Installation Options

Manage Projects with MSP

Also, refer to the Compatibilities, Client Applications section in the following release notes for the supported version of MSP:

Release Notes (CA PPM - SaaS)

Hope this helps

Regards, Sarmistha

• 3.  Re: CA PPM Microsoft Project Interface Compatabilites

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 22, 2017 03:35 AM

Additional to Sarmistha's reply, please carefully review the patch level in your Microsoft Project carefully as per the release notes. It is very important that you follow the requirements of the patch version.

Supported versions for your release (14.3) are Microsoft Project 2010 SP2, 2013 (only Legacy driver), and 2013 Service Pack 1 (only New driver). NO patches should be installed.

I am posting the following for when you decide to upgrade or for other community members that might be interested, but starting 14.4 and later, please check this KB article for supported patch levels: How do Microsoft Project monthly patches impact CA PPM? 

Regarding SaaS and Single Sign On, you should have no issues but you will need to open the projects using the Open in Scheduler > Open in Microsoft Project option.

Regards