DX Unified Infrastructure Management

• 1.  nas: generically creating 3rd alarm based on 2 alarms

Posted May 22, 2017 07:26 AM

I know how to create a 3rd alarm based on 2 specific other alarms using triggers.  What I want to do is set up a single profile that creates a new alarm when it finds a processes alarm and a logmon alarm with the same profile name.  Is there a way to do this with triggers?  Some other way to do this using built-in features?  

I could script it, but I'd rather not create custom code unnecessarily.

• 2.  Re: nas: generically creating 3rd alarm based on 2 alarms

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 22, 2017 08:41 AM

Yes, if I understand your goal, you could create two triggers, one for each probe name, and each could filter on the alarm message for the profile name, e.g., /.*profile_name.*/, then use the triggers with an AND operator to create a new alarm.

• 3.  Re: nas: generically creating 3rd alarm based on 2 alarms

Posted May 22, 2017 08:53 AM

Hi Stephen,

I want to avoid having to create a separate AO Profile for each probe profile name (and each robot).  We have hundreds of them on thousands of robots. 

• 4.  Re: nas: generically creating 3rd alarm based on 2 alarms

Posted May 22, 2017 11:05 AM

A long time ago I suggested a feature for having "instances" of triggers, which I think is exactly what you'd want in this case. That was never implemented though. I think your options are one trigger per profile or scripting.

• 5.  Re: nas: generically creating 3rd alarm based on 2 alarms
    Best Answer

Posted May 23, 2017 09:28 AM

Hi,

Do this with an SQLite database. The principe is pretty close to this script : 

GitHub - fraxken/rafale_mode: CA UIM Rafale_mode for NAS 

Catch alarm (both processes and logmon or whatever). Save this information in your SQLite database.

And when you know you catched both processed and logmon alarms you wanted (launch a new alarm).

Best Regards,

Thomas