Clarity

• 1.  Project Task Dependencies in Clarity

Posted May 23, 2017 12:51 AM

Implementing Clarity V15.1 for a new client, using MSP as the scheduling tool.  They want to use the Legacy option of MSP Integration, so that the MPP file is retained so the users view in MSP are automatically their for them.

Have hit one issue where I put a Task dependency to an other project's task, and saved the data back using the CA MSP Interface, and it is not working correctly, in particular, I update the other project's task, and the new dates don't flow back to the dependent task.

I also noticed that if I run the Project Task Dependencies report, when first creating the dependencies, the tasks show on the report.  Once the data has been updated via CA MSP Interface, the tasks do not appear on this report.

Are others setting up projects with project task dependencies?

• 2.  Re: Project Task Dependencies in Clarity

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 23, 2017 04:06 AM

Hello,

Are you using the Legacy driver just for keeping the .mpp file? The new driver should also retain the .mpp in your Documents folder. You can also choose to retain both the .mpp and the .xml by changing the file under Documents\logs\logger.properties "general=debug". We recommend using the new driver instead of the legacy driver.

There are several things that could be happening here, I will mention a few to review and if none of them help, I encourage you to open a Support case.

The first is that the Legacy driver requirements for MSP are that only MSP 2013 is supported. That means, no other patch should be installed, including SP1 or any monthly patch that MS is releasing.

The new driver on 15.1 supports either MSP 2013 SP1 or MSP 2016, as long as they have at least February 2016 patch installed. The list of supported patches (new driver, v14.4 and later only) is mantained here: http://www.ca.com/us/services-support/ca-support/ca-support-online/knowledge-base-articles.tec1830355.html 

The second thing is that it might be related to an existing defect that might have already been fixed. Try with the latest PPM patch (and remember to re-install the integration) when possible.

If after reviewing the above the issue is still happening, please open a new support case with as most detail as possible on the Steps to Reproduce, versions you are using and other details that you might have so that we can help you.