DX Unified Infrastructure Management

• 1.  Best Practices for deploying probes & configuration

Posted May 23, 2017 09:41 AM

Hi Experts,

I want to know which is the best way to deploy monitoring probes to the devices in UIM. I am new to CA UIM & we have a complex HA environment where we have  Primary Hubs in HA monitoring devices in one DC & two Secondary Hubs in HA monitoring devices in other DC. i have heard of new feature called MCS (Monitoring Configuration Services) ,where u can configure monitoring parameters from UMP Portal itself. So MCS pushes down those respective probes to the servers ?So can i use MCS to configure the parameters in my scenario or configure & push probes from IM or Admin Console ?  Does MCS work in case my Primary HUB is down & HA Primary Hub is up  or similar scenario for Secondary Hub ?

• 2.  Re: Best Practices for deploying probes & configuration
    Best Answer

Posted May 24, 2017 09:22 PM

You should be able to use MCS in a multi tenant environment , it sure would be a better way if you have a standardised configuration for all device monitoring . You can group the devices in USM and apply the configuration as a template using MCS . Also you wouldn't need to access AC or IM , the config can be pushed from USM directly