Symantec IGA

• 1.  I dont see the UI for R12 SP14 CA Directory

Posted May 23, 2017 11:28 AM

I am on Windows 2012. Installed dxsetup for CA Directory and installed dxwebsetup for Directory Management. I dont see the UI for management. Tried installing jxplorer, it hanged for 1 day without completing. Any idea how to get to the UI?

• 2.  Re: I dont see the UI for R12 SP14 CA Directory

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 23, 2017 12:08 PM

Hello,

Best place would have been opening this correctly under CA Directory space as oppose to Identity Manger.

Anyway, before we get into more details on this, I would also like to inform you that we already announced EOS for CA Directory r12.0 SP14 and below starting Jan 31st, 2018 so my first suggestion would be not to use this release if you are getting started on CA Directory.

i.e.

CA Directory 12.0 SP14 and older End of Service Announcement 

As for the problem now.. there is no management UI for the version you are using. What you have is DXmanager/DXwebserver to create, deploy and manage your CA Directory backbone. The UI, I believe you are referring to as the new management UI, is part of CA Directory r12.5 and r12.6 release. Please clarify.

As for JXplorer, it is an openSource product so it might help the cause if someone reported this problem on opensource community forums.

By the way, it is also important to know what platform you are using as the root case might also depend on that.

Thanks,

Hitesh

• 3.  Re: I dont see the UI for R12 SP14 CA Directory

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 23, 2017 12:10 PM

My apologies.. I see you already stated this on Win2012. If nothing works for you after trying SP15 or above release OR 12.5 OR 12.6 release, I would recommend to open a support case with CA.

Thanks,

Hitesh

• 4.  Re: I dont see the UI for R12 SP14 CA Directory

Posted May 23, 2017 01:31 PM

I do not see communities for CA Directory. If you find one can you please send the link?

I decided to continue with R12 SP14. I installed jxplorer. Can you help me with the base DN of the CA Directory to connect?

• 5.  Re: I dont see the UI for R12 SP14 CA Directory

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 23, 2017 01:44 PM

See if you can locate it under: CA Security 

If you still can't find it, here is the direct link (which can change over time so I don't depend on it as much): CA Security 

Base DN is whatever your prefix of the DSA. If not sure, look at the DXHOME/config/knowledge/dsaname.dxc file and you find it in there. This is only applicable, if you have created a DSA. From what I read so far, it is not clear to me if you have even created a DSA or not.

• 6.  Re: I dont see the UI for R12 SP14 CA Directory

Posted May 23, 2017 02:57 PM

I have a DSA created. My DSA file DSA Fileis attached.

Jexplorer I enter the below to connectjxplorer

I get the error - Error

Any idea how to get past this error?

• 7.  Re: I dont see the UI for R12 SP14 CA Directory
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 23, 2017 03:24 PM

Yes, I have a little idea on what is going on here. There are several things and it seems like your first time working with any LDAP

#1: The base DN should be in reverse order (compare to your prefix) and missing a comma. Try as: o=org,c=au

#2: Assuming you have an administrator account/entry created in this DSA called 'corp' that you are trying to authenticate and connect to?

If yes, that Bind DN also requires a same style of value.

e.g. uid=administrator,o=org,c=au

If no, you need to create that first. For that you need to log in as 'anonymous' first.

• 8.  Re: I dont see the UI for R12 SP14 CA Directory

Posted May 23, 2017 04:44 PM

I was able to get in. Now creating a organizational Unit. It throws an error.  What am I doing wrong?

• 9.  Re: I dont see the UI for R12 SP14 CA Directory

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 24, 2017 07:48 AM

At this point I strongly recommend you open a support case with CA so we can walk you through this learning curve. I think that is the best option.

• 10.  Re: I dont see the UI for R12 SP14 CA Directory

Posted May 24, 2017 10:32 AM

00755002 - opened a case. thanks