CA Service Management

• 1.  EEM talking to Oauth2 and/or OpenID

Posted May 23, 2017 08:30 AM

Good Morning.

One of our customers is asking for an atuhorization via an integration with CERBERUS, which contians the contacts information.
    The issue is, they asked for our Service Management solution to be compatible with Oauth2 and/or OpenID, for authentication.
    In Service Managment docoops, didn't find anything about this compatibility.

Any experience on this integration?

Thanks in advance and Best Regards

Michel

• 2.  Re: EEM talking to Oauth2 and/or OpenID
    Best Answer

Posted May 23, 2017 03:38 PM

Hi Michel,  

The product is not currently certified for use with Oauth2 or OpenID at this time.  Folks may be able to get it to work using third party code, but its not something that CA can support or assist with.

Thanks,

Jon I.

• 3.  Re: EEM talking to Oauth2 and/or OpenID

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 09, 2018 12:37 PM

Hello,

one of our customers just asked for the same. I was wondering if something changed from last post or if someone in the community has a workaround...

This is what he'd like to obtain:

The user logs in to a third party tool and then is able to access the the CA Service Catalog without any additional authentication. The third party tool creates an OAuth2 or OpenId token, which is then validated by the catalog server. If valid, the user is allowed to access the catalog’s services. The service catalog can still manage the accounts (users, roles, access rights) by itlself, e.g. via Microsoft AD. The catalog server accesses the necessary account information, e.g. the user-id, from the OpenId token or a “backdoor-call” to the  authentication provider.

I think this is not possible but I'd like to double check.

Thanks and best regards, Giuseppe