Clarity

Expand all | Collapse all

XOG: Forbidden Error

Uruj

UrujMay 25, 2017 08:26 AM

• 1.  XOG: Forbidden Error

Posted May 23, 2017 09:15 AM

Hi All,

I am getting below error in XOG from last few days (on any login on my machine). Has anybody faced the similar issue or can help me on this?

Regards,

Uruj

UrujHW

• 2.  Re: XOG: Forbidden Error

Posted May 23, 2017 09:19 AM

Hi Uruj,

Is it possible for you to share the exact request what you are trying ?

Regards,

Srikanth G

• 3.  Re: XOG: Forbidden Error

Posted May 24, 2017 03:59 AM

Hi Srikant,

It not about a particular xog. Any xog is not working. Like process_read.xml, etc.

Regards,

Uruj

• 4.  Re: XOG: Forbidden Error

Posted May 23, 2017 09:21 AM

I think you might get that "forbidden" if you try and XOG using HTTP to a server on HTTPS?

(GUESSING, you have not given us much info to go on  )

• 5.  Re: XOG: Forbidden Error

Posted May 24, 2017 04:01 AM

Hi David,

Can you please elaborate on this. My URL is https and I have sslenabled =true (I have been using the same propertyfile for last one year to do XOG).

Please tell me what details should I provide.

• 6.  Re: XOG: Forbidden Error

Posted May 24, 2017 09:25 AM

As I said I was GUESSING, if you are sure you are communicating with a HTTPS service then sslenabled=true is the correct thing to be doing.

Sorry no further help that I can think of.

Is there anything that you know that HAS changed in your IT infrastructure since this was working (new/changed network rules, new/changed firewalls, new/changed DNS, new/changed versions of Java on your PC (are other PCs OK?) ...... new/changed anything ???)

• 7.  Re: XOG: Forbidden Error

Posted May 24, 2017 05:58 AM

Uruj

Hope you are doing well. Please check the port that you are using in the port 80 for HTTP traffic and XOG. Have a check with your network team and see if they can open up that port, if not at this moment. There was a similar issue I saw for a PPM user, and they resolved the problem in the same way. 

Thanks,

Abhisek Dhar

• 8.  Re: XOG: Forbidden Error

Posted May 25, 2017 06:09 AM

I would also like to mention that if this is related to the port issue then you will be facing the problem for every user regardless of the machines from which they are logged in. If that is not the case, then please if you can XOG from another machine, where your colleague is not facing the problem. Try to use your login ID only. That will help you identify if the problem is specific to your machine or not. 

Thanks,

Abhisek Dhar

• 9.  Re: XOG: Forbidden Error

Posted May 25, 2017 08:26 AM

Able to xog from other machines. 

• 10.  Re: XOG: Forbidden Error

Posted May 24, 2017 09:31 AM

Also, do you continue to face this error if you download the xogclient again (in zip format), navigate to the bin folder, and run the xog.bat from there?

• 11.  Re: XOG: Forbidden Error

Posted May 25, 2017 08:26 AM

Yes Jeevan

• 12.  Re: XOG: Forbidden Error

Posted May 25, 2017 05:19 AM

Can you please check your environment variable set up too

• 13.  Re: XOG: Forbidden Error

Posted Jun 05, 2017 04:59 PM

Hi Uruj,

I also get this error on certain XOG calls.  If I attempt to create a new Lookup in the system, It gives me this error.  If I simply try to modify an existing lookup, it works.

I'm also trying to figure out the reason.

Thanks,
    Lowell

• 14.  Re: XOG: Forbidden Error

Posted Jun 05, 2017 05:20 PM

Hi Uruj,

I finally found the issue.  It was caused by an invalid XOG XML file.  Special thanks to nick_darlington for his instructions on validating XOG files.

https://communities.ca.com/people/nick_darlington/blog/2015/02/09/identifying-the-location-of-a-xog-file-parsing-error-invalid-xml-data

FYI: my file had a missing closing tag.  I got too crazy with my Delete key when I edited the file.

Thanks,

Lowell