DX Application Performance Management

• 1.  Is it possible to get the end-user's IP address from Browser Agent

Posted May 23, 2017 11:11 PM

I'm using APM and DXC version 10.5 and the browser agent is enabled.

From the following screenshots, It doesn't show me the IP address of the end-user.
    So, My question is it possible to get the end-user's IP address from Browser Agent or should I look somewhere else?

Screenshot#1

Screenshot#2

Thank you,

Home

• 2.  Re: Is it possible to get the end-user's IP address from Browser Agent
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 24, 2017 04:41 PM

This is the answer I received internally

As of today, there is no way to obtain client IP address with BA. However, BA does provide latitude and longitude of the clients when its geo-location feature is on and the client chooses to expose their location.C

Correction/Addition

the browser cannot access the IP address directly. It would need to send a request to a server which can determine the IP address. See https://stackoverflow.com/questions/391979/how-to-get-clients-ip-address-using-javascript-only. Actually it easier to get on the server side and e.g. store in TT but proxies and NAT may hide the real IP address.

• 3.  Re: Is it possible to get the end-user's IP address from Browser Agent

Posted May 30, 2017 05:05 AM

Thank you for the reply.

We are working on the POC and our customer would like to perform the load test internally and identify which machine being run the load as there are many testers.

• 4.  Re: Is it possible to get the end-user's IP address from Browser Agent

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 13, 2017 01:57 PM

Hi:

Received some notes internally that offered some contacts to pursue. Any information received, I will pass along

Thanks

Hal German

• 5.  Re: Is it possible to get the end-user's IP address from Browser Agent

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 14, 2017 01:17 PM

I checked and this feature may be considered for a future release. A step by step guide to do this programatically  is not publicly available