IT Process Automation

• 1.  Access level

Posted May 24, 2017 12:19 PM

Hi,

I want to execute some action in vmware vcenter console using power shell scripts. I am using the Run Script operator and paste the script into the operator within PAM.

What are the prerequisite required for successful execution of the script. Like

1. What will be the level of access the userid should have for successful execution of script.

2. Is there is any port need to be enabled?

Thanks,Amala

• 2.  Re: Access level

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 24, 2017 01:07 PM

Amala,

So you are issuing a Run Script operator to call a Powershell script?  

The only permissions you need to run powershell are documented here:

PowerShell Execution Policy - CA Process Automation - 4.3.1 - CA Technologies Documentation 

Set-ExecutionPolicy AllSigned

There are a couple of Processes in the Utilities folder of the PreDefinedContent that will set these for you:

As for Ports, you shouldn’t need anything beyond the normal Ports for Process Automation unless your powershell script is attempting to use a port to connect to an external application.

• 3.  Re: Access level

Posted May 25, 2017 07:19 AM

What will be the level of access the Userid should have for successful execution of script?

• 4.  Re: Access level

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 25, 2017 08:19 AM

I am not sure what you are asking for.   We cannot tell you what permissions the Powershell script you have written requires, only the permissions required for Process Automation to be able to execute the script.

• 5.  Re: Access level

Posted May 25, 2017 10:25 AM

I mean the UserID that is use on run script operator to run a script. I like to know the level of access required the Id should have.