Test Data Manager

• 1.  Report generation using Devtest9.5.1

Posted May 25, 2017 05:23 AM

Hi All,
    Actually am trying to fetch details from database to generate report based on some condition using JDBC step available in Lisa.
    I want to send the ResultSet as a report.
    Am planning to run this testcase from CVS in future.
    Could you please suggest me how to do this.

Thanks for the help in advance !

Regards,

Girija K.

• 2.  Re: Report generation using Devtest9.5.1
    Best Answer

Posted May 26, 2017 08:57 AM

You could save your results to a file, and then copy the file to a safe location - or you could use the Send Email step to transfer the data.

• 3.  Re: Report generation using Devtest9.5.1

Posted May 30, 2017 05:08 AM

Hi Dave,

Thanks for your response. Yeah we can save it into a file. But i was unable find any option (Filters )where we can save. And as you suggested we can go with Email step as well but, we need to transfer that entire result set from JDBC step to Send Email step. Am not aware of how we can do this.

Could you please suggest me.

Thanks,

Girija K.

• 4.  Re: Report generation using Devtest9.5.1

Posted May 30, 2017 06:10 AM

Hi

Would this work for you?

Add a Utility step of "Output Log Message". To this step add a "Read Rows from a JDBC Table" dataset, and populate accordingly. 

Set the Output to be that you need saving for each row of data,

To the same step, add a "Utility" filter of "Save Property Value to File" and use "Append Mode." Use the response property of the Output Log Message step as the "Filter In" value

Thus will let you capture your  results into a file and is a single test step. for an example, please see the JavaConfiguration step in the DevTest_config_info.tst in the supplied examples

After this step, you can use the "Send Email" step with the file as an attachment.

• 5.  Re: Report generation using Devtest9.5.1

Posted May 31, 2017 09:08 AM

Hi Dave,

Thank you for the response.

It worked

Regards,

Girija K.