Layer7 API Management

• 1.  Use of PGP Encryption-decryption in gateway

Posted May 25, 2017 01:17 AM

Hi,

I can see an option of #PGP  has been given in #SymmetricKeyEncryptionDecryption assertion; however there is no guide to describe the details. Please let me know how I can use this feature in gateway ?

Thanks,

Siddharth

• 2.  Re: Use of PGP Encryption-decryption in gateway
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 25, 2017 02:13 AM
      |   view attached

Hello SIDDHARTHJAISWAL ,

This a tactical assertion, the support team should provide the document along with the assertion.

In case you don't have it, I will attach it.

Regards,

Mark

• 3.  Re: Use of PGP Encryption-decryption in gateway

Posted May 25, 2017 02:36 AM

Hi,

It would be great help if you can share the document.

As per my knowledge of PGP, it does symmetric encryption of data using session key, which in turn encrypted using public key. However, in the assertion input boxes, I don't get any way to input public key or certificate, which will in turn take care of Asymmetric Encryption part of PGP. How it is handled in the assertion. Please help on this.

Thanks,

Siddharth 

• 4.  Re: Use of PGP Encryption-decryption in gateway

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 25, 2017 02:41 AM

Dear SIDDHARTHJAISWAL ,

The document had already attached, please check the ATTACHMENTS of my last comment.

Regards,

Mark

• 5.  Re: Use of PGP Encryption-decryption in gateway

Posted Jul 17, 2017 12:48 AM

Hi,

I am following up with support team with couple of questions on PGP encryption/decryption and yet to get a satisfactory answer. Hope that stalwarts here can help me. Below are the queries regarding PGP encryption /decryption :

1 : While encryption, since we don't have "Key" option enabled to provide explicit PGP Public Key for encryption, I assume that the private is also encrypted inside the final encrypted output. How the other party, who is going to decrypt, will get to know and retrieve the private key required for decryption.

2 : In cases, where other party shares their PGP Public Key with us, how we will be able to use that in given assertion for encryption in PGP mode.

It is an urgent issue and halting one of our important APIs to move to production and causing business loss. Any help will be highly appreciated !

Thanks,

Siddharth 

• 6.  Re: Use of PGP Encryption-decryption in gateway

Posted Jun 27, 2018 03:12 AM

Hi, 

I am using Policy Manager version 9.1 and I dont see these assertion/options as mentioned in the document.

Where exactly can I access this assertion. Please suggest.

Thanks,

• 7.  Re: Use of PGP Encryption-decryption in gateway

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 03, 2018 07:28 PM

Dear Megha Joshi ,

It's not a OOTB assertion, it's a tactical assertion.

Please open a support  ticket to ask for this assertion.

Regards,

Mark

• 8.  Re: Use of PGP Encryption-decryption in gateway

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 04, 2018 07:13 PM

The tactical assertion to ask for in the support case you raise is :  SymmetricKeyEncryptionDecryptionAssertion

It does support PGP encrypt/decrypt but does have some limitations.   Here was recent request to add some features to the PGP ability : 

Enhance PGP TacticalAssertion to support CAST5 and Signing 

Cheers - Mark