Service Virtualization

• 1.  Can i parameterize the xml message in IBM Webshpere MQ Step

Posted May 26, 2017 01:52 AM

I have xml message format to put in IBM Websphere MQ. Connection details are working fine and i am able to put message too. Challenge is : I want to put some 100...500 message in a single go. Is that possible ?. Attribute value will change for xml. XML Structure will be same for all 100 message.

Sample XML Structure :

<MessageID>a</MessageID><SchemaVersion>7</SchemaVersion><A1Tag><B1Tag><B11Tag>43235</B11Tag><B12Tag>43217</B12Tag>.................................</B1Tag></A1Tag>

I have 100 Testdata in a .csv / Excel File With Columns namely : MessageID, SchemaVersion, B11Tag, B12Tag,... 

Can we able to iterate 100 times by parameterizing the input value alone in that xml. 

Thanks much in advance..

• 2.  Re: Can i parameterize the xml message in IBM Webshpere MQ Step

• 3.  Re: Can i parameterize the xml message in IBM Webshpere MQ Step

Posted May 26, 2017 06:04 AM

Thanks Eric. I do agree with you. But that works for wsdl / rest services. How will it work for Messages which are passing via "IBMWebsphere MQ" Message Section.

• 4.  Re: Can i parameterize the xml message in IBM Webshpere MQ Step
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 28, 2017 10:17 PM

Hello Preethi,

One way is add your XML content to "Output log message step" and give xml content with parameters like below

<MessageID>{{MessageID}}</MessageID><SchemaVersion>{{SchemaVersion}}</SchemaVersion><A1Tag><B1Tag><B11Tag>{{B11Tag}}</B11Tag><B12Tag>{{B12Tag}}</B12Tag>.................................</B1Tag></A1Tag>

create a Dataset for this step and use your csv file/excel file and test and keep the properties. Use response of this output log message step as a content in IBMWebsphere MQ test step. 

Hope this helps in resolving your issue.

Thanks

Srikanth

• 5.  Re: Can i parameterize the xml message in IBM Webshpere MQ Step

Posted May 30, 2017 06:40 AM

Hello Preethi,

Did Srikanth's recommendation help you out with this issue?

• 6.  Re: Can i parameterize the xml message in IBM Webshpere MQ Step

Posted May 30, 2017 06:48 AM

Yes, it worked fine... Thanks Norton and Srikanth...