IT Process Automation

• 1.  Create new Change from WF with same propertie values

Posted May 26, 2017 10:39 AM

I have a working process that creates a new Change Order based on the information I retrieve from a existing Change Order.

It is triggered by a WF task in the previouse Change and creates a new on with same Category, Group and Summary.

I need to add to the new Change Order the same properties and values as in the previous one, but can't seem to find a way to get that data and passe it to the new CH properties Tab...

Can You help me?

Regards,

Pedro Figueiredo

• 2.  Re: Create new Change from WF with same propertie values
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 30, 2017 04:28 PM

You would need the id of the newly created change order which should be returned by the web service call to create the change order.  Then you can use Service Desk web service calls to retrieve the info from the original change order using one of the "get" methods and write it to the new change order using the "update" methods.  Here is a link to the ServiceDesk webservice methods:

Web Services Methods - CA Service Management - 14.1 - CA Technologies Documentation 

• 3.  Re: Create new Change from WF with same propertie values

Posted Jun 19, 2017 06:35 AM

Hi there,

I found a way to solve this issue and I feel it is importante to share my solution with the community.

I'm attaching  a view from the process I developed using native operators and direct calls to Database (SQL query string).

I can explain the steps or send a xml with the whole process If you need.

Regards,

Pedro Figueiredo