Harvest

• 1.  Anyone else have Harvest 12.6 on Windows 10 crash while attempting to checkin or checkout code?

Posted May 26, 2017 03:16 PM

Harvest version 12.6.0.31

I can log in to the workbench but when I attempt to checkin or checkout a file the application crashes as soon as I hit the "OK" button. I'm able to create a package, demote, promote, and delete a package. I've went through and set all of the EXE files to run in compatibility mode for Windows 7. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling.

I attempted to run the command line for HCI and then and only then does it create any Harvest related entry in the Windows logs:

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\CA\SCM\hci.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\CA\SCM\haragent64.dll

Windows 10 Version 1607

OS Build 14393.1198

Any suggestions as to what might be causing this issue? Also this is not an isolated event. This is identical to another user with the same specs.

• 2.  Re: Anyone else have Harvest 12.6 on Windows 10 crash while attempting to checkin or checkout code?

Posted Jun 21, 2017 11:01 AM

Question: Have you tried uninstall the Harvest client 64bit and install the 32bit client to see if the problem persists?

• 3.  Re: Anyone else have Harvest 12.6 on Windows 10 crash while attempting to checkin or checkout code?

Posted Jun 23, 2017 12:49 PM

Yes. We even removed all of the group policies that my organization has in place for Windows 10 machines and still unable to check in or check out code. Are any others able to run 12.6 in Windows 10 without issue?

• 4.  Re: Anyone else have Harvest 12.6 on Windows 10 crash while attempting to checkin or checkout code?

Posted Jul 04, 2017 04:30 AM

We are facing the same problem.............

• 5.  Re: Anyone else have Harvest 12.6 on Windows 10 crash while attempting to checkin or checkout code?

Posted Jul 05, 2017 08:13 AM

The workaround that has fixed many such customers is to simply add the broker name and IP address entry

to the C:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts file. For some reason in windows 8.1 and higher this becomes

a problem where the customer's DNS server does not resolve the broker's IP address. This is not a

Harvest problem, the customer should work with their network administrator to correct the DNS problem.