CA Service Management

• 1.  ITSM Requirements for CA Service Manager tool

Posted May 26, 2017 12:03 PM

Hi experts!

I really need someone can help me with this topic.
    I need to find out if the CA Service Manager tool has OOTB the following requirements:

1 - The tool has the functionality of taking a photo of the IC (like a snapshot) before performing an RFC, and if in case the RFC does not run successfully, do a rollback in IC configuration.

2 - The tool has following types of relationship between CIs: "parent / child"; "Is connected to"; "It depends on"; "It is part of"; "Reside in"; "Makes use of"; "It's a copy of"

3 - Does the problem ticket send a user satisfaction survey when it closes?

4 - Is there a "Help" button on the screens for all ITSM modules at Portuguese language to help analysts and users with some guide helps around the ITSM process?

5 - Can I relate an incident to a problem with the type of "parent/child" relationship and when the parent is closed, the child automatically close? See that they are different process/module.

Thank you very much for your help!

Best Regards,

Ricardo.

• 2.  Re: ITSM Requirements for CA Service Manager tool
    Best Answer

Posted May 30, 2017 11:50 PM

Hello Ricardo,

I would speak to CA or a CA Business Partner in person if possible, as it is tricky to provide information which is fit for purpose, without being aware of the site in general or the requirements.

DISCLAIMER: Information is given "as is." You should make your own confirmation on fitness to purpose. 

1. Are you referring to "Configuration Items?" We have versioning against CIs. Start here:

CI Versioning Management - CA Service Management - 14.1 - CA Technologies Documentation 

2. Yes, there are CI relationships. There are a few dozen out of the box, and you may have user defined types. See here:

CI Relationships - CA Service Management - 14.1 - CA Technologies Documentation 

3. Yes, if you want it to. Surveys are linked to the Problem's Category. See here:

How to Configure Surveys - CA Service Management - 14.1 - CA Technologies Documentation 

Note that there are two types of Surveys in CA SDM. One fires when an action takes place. You could configure the Close of a Problem to send a Survey. The other is where you send out surveys to groups of users at once.

4. Help files are not included in localized products. For what is and isn't included see here:

Supportability Matrix - CA Service Management - 14.1 - CA Technologies Documentation 

However, there is a user written help files for Portuguese here:

Translate Analyst files to Brazilian Portuguese - Arquivos de analista CA Service Desk 14.1 em português - analyst.zip 

5. You can relate Incidents to Problems.

There is an Options Manager variable which controls what happens when a Parent is closed called "leave_children_open":

Options Manager - CA Service Management - 14.1 - CA Technologies Documentation 

I have not tested if this means that when you close a Parent Problem, the related Incidents can be closed out. The typical functionality is that closing one Parent Incident will close all Child Incidents.  That is, the "Parent/Child" specific refers to the same ticket type. I don't think that closing a Problem will close out the related Incidents, as this is not a "parent/child" relationship in the terms of that variable, even though common usage sometimes means that.

Thanks, Kyle_R.