Clarity

• 1.  Revert Publish action from admin side and user side

Posted May 27, 2017 12:47 AM

Hi All,

Good Day!

I would like to know the below functionality. Can someone help me.

How to prevent user clicking Publish button in the portlet and objects unknowingly?

Recently we had a situation that one user unknowingly clicked Publish button in the custom portlet and configuration has been changed for all users.

So is there any access rights so that we can make publish button non acceptable to few users?

And if user clicks the publish button unknowingly how to revert it back ? In this case my requirement is not to change the setting for all users even if we click publish.

Or if the configuration changed, is there any possibility that we can revert to old layout for every user?

• 2.  Re: Revert Publish action from admin side and user side

Posted May 27, 2017 11:33 AM

This is simple ; don't give your users access to the administration menu.

(and if this was an administrator user that did something bad, train them better or remove their administration rights before they do something even more drastic to your system!  )

• 3.  Re: Revert Publish action from admin side and user side

Posted May 28, 2017 09:00 AM

• 4.  Re: Revert Publish action from admin side and user side

Posted May 29, 2017 08:28 AM

if the configuration changed due to  Publish, is there any possibility that we can revert to old layout for every user?

• 5.  Re: Revert Publish action from admin side and user side

Posted May 29, 2017 11:49 AM

We can re-configure the portlet as per a backup or known configuration, then re-publish.

Unfortunately you won't be able to get the custom user views back, as we can't XOG the user config out for portlets. (I'd love to be wrong on this!)

Personally I'd set it back as per the old default and talk to the users impacted.

• 6.  Re: Revert Publish action from admin side and user side

Posted May 29, 2017 07:34 PM

There is also an active idea under review that would support what you are trying to get out of the application Ability to Save Portlet Configuration as a Part of a Filter.

• 7.  Re: Revert Publish action from admin side and user side

Posted May 29, 2017 07:23 PM

If it is an out of the box portlet (also any of the PMO accelerator portlets), you can always restore defaults from the Admin side.